New Version (v1.24)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

New Version (v1.24)

Post by phil »

Version 1.24 is released.
I've added two new methods that allow simulated mouse wheel scrolling

Thanks
Phil
Last edited by phil on Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Dschingis
New User

Version 1.24 for 32 bit

Post by Dschingis »

Hello all, hello Phil,

i've just donwloaded your fine piece of software and i am very deligted and impressed. That is EXACTLY what i was looking for some time. I had a microsoft mouse with the intellisoft software and one day the left button quit working. ARRRGGGHHHLLL. Ok, took the old DELL mouse out of my drawer and - yes - sure - no doubleclick left on th mouse wheel button.

Since then i was looking for another solution and here i am. Got the X_mouse button control 1.24 and i'm satisfied. All i need and the application specific settings too.

Thanks a lot for your work. One more fan.

Regards,
Dschingis
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Glad to hear its helping :)
Thanks for the feedback.
--[ Phil ]--
Dschingis
New User

Just some more feedback

Post by Dschingis »

Hi Phil,
i have now used X-Mouse Button Control 32bit 1.24 (XMBC) for a few days and it works fine for most of my applications. Its just one app which makes trouble : Zone Labs Firewall (ZLF). I have the private free version and the professional version named Check Point Integrity Client i'm working with.
XMBC is running at system startup. Any time ZLF becomes the active topmost application my mouse buttons simply quit working. Hovering the mouse over the elements is still recognized but any mouse action is simply ignored. Keyboard control is working without problems. Until i switch with [ALT]+[TAB] to another application window the mouse works as wonderful as before. Mouse works great too if XMBC is stopped right before switching to ZLF - but that is not what i like to do.

I suppose its a security feature from ZLF to prevent macro programs from manipulating the firewall settings. Ok, i can live with that. At least i thought so and started to define an application profile for ZLFW by setting the keys to \"Default\" and \"Disable\". Both did not work.

So i would like to ask if you can imagine a workaround for that. Maybe its possible to disable the message event hook for special applications so they (like ZLF) will receive the original windows generated messages. Or a context menu entry for the tray icon can disable XMBC and re-enable it afterwards.

This may be an idea for your next version i think ?

Regards,
Dschingis
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hi,

There IS a workaround for this - and others have asked in the past - its my fault for not making the workaround default !! :(

The problem is, that by default, XMouse intercepts ALL buttons, and sends on the requested action. In the normal case of the left/right button, it still intercepts them even if they are mapped to left/right click etc.

I believe you are correct when you say ZoneAlarm has some protection for this - it makes sense really.

What you must do, is set the buttons to \"Nothing - Don't intercept\" in XMouse. This prevents xmouse for doing anything - it just lets the orriginal message through to ZoneAlarm and everything should work normally.

Normally, I set LEFT & RIGHT buttons to \"Nothing (Don't Intercept)\" but I have not changed the default installation to do this!

You can do this for all applicaitons or you can do it just for the ZoneAlarm exe (I'm not sure what its called because I dont use it here).

Give it a try and see if it helps.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Dschingis
New User

More feedback : Zonealarm problem

Post by Dschingis »

WoooHooo ! Strike !

Phil, thats really great. I must confess i did not search the list for other possibilities though i looked over it so maybe with a closer look i would have found it by myself.

It works as you described it and the primary iclient.exe of the ZLF is pleased with the \"Do not intercept\" setting in its own profile.

As you stated there have been some similar problems in the past. Is there a list of programs which needed these settings too ? Maybe you'll find the time for a small knowledge base or to expand the faq ?

Many thanks to you for your fast help and assistance.

Regards,

Dschingis
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Its definatly a good idea to expand the FAQ, I will try and do that soon...
I dont know of any other programs that need this tweak, but as I said, I really should change the defaults to \"Nothing (Don't Intercept)\" so that most people will avoid this issue in the future :)

Maybe the installer should also provide some defaults for knows applications (ie. iclient.exe)...

Thanks for letting me know it works..

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ok, the FAQ is updated (thats the easy bit)...
--[ Phil ]--