Please help translation XMBC to your language?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
AndyK
Committed

Re: Please help translation XMBC to your language?

Post by AndyK »

XMBC 2.20 beta 9
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyK
Committed

Post by AndyK »

XMBC 2.20 beta 11
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks Andy!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Oh, hold on a second, something is wrong with that latest template Andy...

The new line is not in there and the modified lines (I updated the included German template) are not in there either...

Code: Select all

"\t\t\t{RUNHID:<application>} Run the specified application (hidden)." => ""							# -- Modified in 2.20 Beta 11
"\t\t\t{RUNMAX:<application>} Run the specified application (maximized)." => ""							# -- Modified in 2.20 Beta 11
"\t\t\t{RUNMIN:<application>} Run the specified application (minimized).") => ""						# -- Modified in 2.20 Beta 11
"\t\t\t{RUNINA:<application>} Run the specified application but do not activate the window." => ""		# -- Modified in 2.20 Beta 11
"\t\t\t{RUNADM:<application>} Run the specified application as administrator." => ""					# -- Added in 2.20 Beta 11
The attached file still has the old 2.20 beta 9 lines:

"\t\t\t{RUNH:<application>} Run the specified application (hidden)." => "\t\t\t{RUNH:<Anwendung>} Führt die angegebene Anwendung (versteckt) aus."
"\t\t\t{RUNM:<application>} Run the specified application (maximized)." => "\t\t\t{RUNM:<Anwendung>} Führt die angegebene Anwendung (maximiert) aus."
"\t\t\t{RUNN:<application>} Run the specified application (minimized).") => "\t\t\t{RUNM:<Anwendung>} Führt die angegebene Anwendung (minimiert) aus."
"\t\t\t{RUNI:<application>} Run the specified application but do not activate the window." => "\t\t\t{RUNI:<Anwendung>} Führt die angegebene Anwendung aus, aktiviert aber nicht das Fenster."
"\t\t\t{KILL:<executable>} Kill/Terminate processes belonging to executable." => "\t\t\t{KILL:<ausführbar>} unterbricht/beendet Prozesse, die zur ausführbaren Datei gehören."
"\t\t\tNOTE: For run commands, please specify the full path to the executable (including .EXE)" => "\t\t\tHinweis: Geben Sie bei Ausführungsbefehlen den vollständigen Pfad zur ausführbaren Datei an (einschließlich .EXE)"
"\t\t\tNOTE: For run commands, please specify the full path to the executable (including .EXE)" => "\t\t\tHinweis: Bei Ausführungsbefehlen geben Sie bitte den vollständigen Pfad zur ausführbaren Datei an (einschließlich .EXE)"
with the last one repeated for some reason... Is this a problem with the translation tool??!
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Type

"\t\t\t{RUNMIN:<application>} Run the specified application (minimized).") => ""						# -- Modified in 2.20 Beta 11
)

"\t\t\t{RUNMIN:<application>} Run the specified application (minimized)." => ""						# -- Modified in 2.20 Beta 11
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Russian.xmbclp
2.20 beta 11 (Russian).
Raffke
New User

Post by Raffke »

phil wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:45 pm The attached file still has the old 2.20 beta 9 lines:

"\t\t\t{RUNI:<application>} Run the specified application but do not activate the window." => "\t\t\t{RUNI:<Anwendung>} Führt die angegebene Anwendung aus, aktiviert aber nicht das Fenster."
"\t\t\t{KILL:<executable>} Kill/Terminate processes belonging to executable." => "\t\t\t{KILL:<ausführbar>} unterbricht/beendet Prozesse, die zur ausführbaren Datei gehören."
@AndyK:
I wouldn't translate "{KILL:<executable>}" with "{KILL:<ausführbar>}, it refers to the executable code, as does "<application>" in the lines above.
I don't know why Phil uses different terms, but I would translate it with "{KILL:<Anwendung>}" or at least "{KILL:<Prozess>}" (in English: process instead of executable).
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Executable referes the tie "image name" (as MIcrosoft put it), i.e. the exe file.. so you would say, for example, {RUN:NOTEPAD.EXE} to launch notepad.exe and {KILL:NOTEPAD.EXE} to terminate notepad.exe - its kill/force terminate not close too by the way.

NOTE: You dont need the full path, just the name of the EXE file (unlike RUN, if the executable is not in the system PATH)

The process name would just be notepad, but the name of the EXEcutable is notepad.exe, which is why I put executable.
--[ Phil ]--
AndyK
Committed

Post by AndyK »

phil wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:45 pm with the last one repeated for some reason... Is this a problem with the translation tool??!
No, I use for Translation "Beyond compare"
and I did not notice these changes in this strings. Sorry.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks Andy,

Will put in to beta 12.
NOTE: I modified it slightly to fix some formatting issues and make it consistent (with the \t• )
German_2.20b11_20230217.xmbclp
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK this is unusual....
I'm working on 2.20.1 (release) and to fix one of the bugs I have found, I've had to add a new line to the language template. Its not essential (an error message that I doubt will be seen too much) but if you would like to translate it it is as follows...

# Added in 2.20.1 / 2.21 Beta 1
"The selected file could not be imported." => ""
language_template.xmbclp
I don't know when I will release 2.20.1, I'm waiting for a bit to see if I get any more issues reported (one I'm waiting for info on) and I don't know if I will first release it as beta (that's a bit complicated as the versioning scheme does not allow for beta's of major.minor.point releases... So it would have to be 2.21 Beta 1, which I don't really want to do. Hence this different way of doing things!)
--[ Phil ]--
AndyK
Committed

Post by AndyK »

# Added in 2.20.1 / 2.21 Beta 1
"The selected file could not be imported." => "Die ausgewählte Datei konnte nicht importiert werden."
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks Andy, that's exactly what I already had put in (from Google translate)... Good to know that google translate is good at some thing :)!
--[ Phil ]--
AndyK
Committed

Post by AndyK »

little changes in these strings

"\t\t\t{MREST:n} Restore the saved cursor position from memory <n> (1-10)" => "\t\t\t{MREST:n}\t• Zuletzt gespeicherte Position des Mauszeigers\r\n\t\t\t\t\t   von Speicherplatz <n> (1-10) wiederherstellen" #Updated in 2.16 Beta 17

"\t\t\t{OR} Only send when repeating" => "\t\t\t{OR}\t\t• Nur senden, wenn die Taste wiederholt wird"
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Great, I'll get that in the next build!
--[ Phil ]--