Please help translation XMBC to your language?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
AndyK
Committed

Re: Please help translation XMBC to your language?

Post by AndyK »

German

Code: Select all

#Added in 2.20.2
"Unable to check for updates! An unexpected error occurred." => "Nach Aktualisierungen konnte nicht gesucht werden! Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten."
"Unable to check for updates! A DNS query error occurred." => "Nach Aktualisierungen konnte nicht gesucht werden! Ein DNS-Abfragefehler ist aufgetreten."
chkb123456
New User

Post by chkb123456 »

Simplified_Chinese translations improved and updated to v2.20.2

So here goes the link (remove spaces around '.' , same problem met just like the last translator :? ):

https://drive . google . com/file/d/1vPfEqLJSw_06gsuAuDpX9whLBXVrU43M/view?usp=share_link
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Reupload.
# Base version 2.20.3
Simplified_Chinese.xmbclp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Russian 2.21 Beta 25
Russian.xmbclp
_____
1) Overlapping text. Need to wrap lines or change translation.
2) The string text is different (a - any)
3) The field for "Specific Key" does not accommodate the text if translated.
Also, the translation is loaded only when you re-open the key simulation settings.
XMouseButtonControl_RHxmFCb5Ij.png
Added.

"Run application (&maximized)" => ""
"Run application (mi&nimized)" => ""
"Cursor Position: X,Y (AX, AY) (%X, %Y)" => ""
This text kills the program when opening the simulation settings. :o

"Set position in &percent relative to active window (X%%,Y%%)" => "?????????? ??????? ? ????????? ???????????? ????????? ???? (X%,Y%)"			# Added in 2.21 Beta 20
The current text of the translation sample requires compliance with the program code. The % in the sample is not the same as the use of %% in the program.

"Set position in &percent relative to active window (X%%,Y%%)" => ""			# Added in 2.21 Beta 20
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyK
Committed

Post by AndyK »

German_2.21.28.xmbclp

# -- Added in 2.15 Beta 7 --
"Cursor Position: X,Y (AX, AY)" => "Mauszeiger-Position: X,Y (AX, AY)"
The translation will not be shown in the app
Screenshot 2023.12.31 • 13.09.12 • Window.png
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

The translation will not be shown in the app
This is another line text. Use the additional lines from my post or wait for the base file to be updated for translation.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:35 am 1) Overlapping text. Need to wrap lines or change translation.
OK have adjusted in next build.
Dolmatov wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:35 am 2) The string text is different (a - any)
OK yes wrong in the translation file - I must have changed it after adding the text to the translation! Fixed...
Dolmatov wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:35 am 3) The field for "Specific Key" does not accommodate the text if translated.
This "field" is supposed to be an input for a SINGLE key (character)? What are you trying to put in there and why is it so long?
Dolmatov wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:35 am Also, the translation is loaded only when you re-open the key simulation settings.
As it has always been. The language file is only loaded when the setup dialog is opened. This is intentional (it may make debugging translations a little more time consuming but most people are not doing that)!
Dolmatov wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:35 am Added.

"Run application (&maximized)" => ""
"Run application (mi&nimized)" => ""
"Cursor Position: X,Y (AX, AY) (%X, %Y)" => ""
This text kills the program when opening the simulation settings. :o

"Set position in &percent relative to active window (X%%,Y%%)" => "?????????? ??????? ? ????????? ???????????? ????????? ???? (X%,Y%)"			# Added in 2.21 Beta 20
The current text of the translation sample requires compliance with the program code. The % in the sample is not the same as the use of %% in the program.

"Set position in &percent relative to active window (X%%,Y%%)" => ""			# Added in 2.21 Beta 20
%'s are tricky because they are used in C++ string substitution. So. yes if you start putting single %'s in to your text, its GOING to break it. %% causes the single % sign to be displayed, so they should always be %% not % if you want a % sign. I will have to look for that and stop it happening when loading the translation (so it does not crash anything - as that's bad!

I'll check all of those!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

This "field" is supposed to be an input for a SINGLE key (character)? What are you trying to put in there and why is it so long?
I used direct translation of some of the keys. For example, play/pause. On keyboards this is marked with icons, so it is acceptable to translate. The long word is more suitable for translation, but the short one is used less often and it literally means “Game”, not “Play”.
There are lines in the file for you to see visually. I only translated the obvious multimedia function keys. If increasing the field is unacceptable, then you should refuse to translate such keys.
P.S. The second part about “replacing” text when opening leads to the conclusion that it is better to refuse translation than for the user to see changing text when entering and when viewing parameters (key name).
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

I think that adding an updated translation to the next beta should be excluded. This is before solving the nuances with translation. Formally it works, but “trimming” (keys, lines) may cause unwanted feedback.
The presence of English strings is visually perceived better than display “bugs”. This is my opinion, not an absolute one. :roll:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:33 pm
I used direct translation of some of the keys. For example, play/pause. On keyboards this is marked with icons, so it is acceptable to translate. The long word is more suitable for translation, but the short one is used less often and it literally means “Game”, not “Play”.
There are lines in the file for you to see visually. I only translated the obvious multimedia function keys. If increasing the field is unacceptable, then you should refuse to translate such keys.
P.S. The second part about “replacing” text when opening leads to the conclusion that it is better to refuse translation than for the user to see changing text when entering and when viewing parameters (key name).
Oh I see, when you press the key, it gets translated - I completely missed the point there then lol!
Yes, maybe it should not bother translating that (although I did make it a little wider, probably not enough!).
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Dolmatov wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:44 pm I think that adding an updated translation to the next beta should be excluded. This is before solving the nuances with translation. Formally it works, but “trimming” (keys, lines) may cause unwanted feedback.
The presence of English strings is visually perceived better than display “bugs”. This is my opinion, not an absolute one. :roll:
In what context do you mean should be excluded? Not updating the translation packs in the installer? Or do you mean something else? Or are we still talking about the input "abort on a specific key" field?
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

Both.
* Don't include the file above in the installer.
Recommendations only. Functionally it is working.
* Do not translate key names (large list of strings). Fillable field.
You write that it is impossible to load a translation at the moment you press a key. It is loaded when the key simulation window (not the program settings window) is reopened. For the user, this does not make sense: see the key in English, re-open the mouse action window (simulation), see the “other” translated name of the key.
Theoretically, this can be fixed if the program loads the names of the keys into memory (RAM) when calling the assigned action (check the box and/or open the simulation settings window). When you press a key, the translation is loaded from memory, not from a file. This should speed up the program. But it can be difficult to implement. Therefore, it is easier not to translate.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hummmm... It should be loading it from memory - there is a static object in memory that it populates (from the file once) when the setup window is opened, and then it reads the strings from that memory - it does not go to the file each time (or it shouldn't). Unless I've screwed something up.
I suspect its more likely that the "on key press" is not doing the translation, but the "load window" is doing it.
I will investigate.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK so it was a bug. It was in memory but the control was failing to translate the text when the key was pressed.
I have fixed it in beta 31, and I made the field a little wider again too.
--[ Phil ]--
Dolmatov
Committed

Post by Dolmatov »

It appears to be working correctly now.
___
v.2.21 Beta 31 (RU)
Russian.xmbclp