mighty mouse

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
pro_driver
New User

mighty mouse

Post by pro_driver »

Hi, i am from chile, sorry my bad english, i have a mighty mouse, my proble is that i cant configure de scroll horizontal, how can i do it? please help, i need use my mouse, the default driver is not set up layers of horizontal and vertical movement.
please help
i have a hp g42-465 whit windows 7 64 bit.
i download the xmouse button control, but i cant configure the mouse.

thanks so much
phil
Site Admin

Re: mighty mouse

Post by phil »

If the horizontal scroll does not work without XMouse then XMouse will not be able to re-map it.
i.e. you must have a working tilt wheel, and mouse driver that sends standard tilt messages or XMouse can not help.

Does the horizontal tilt work without XMBC (in any application) to scroll the window? If not, try a different mouse driver (the default MS driver usually works with the tilt wheel as far as I know).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
pro_driver
New User

Post by pro_driver »

Hi, thanks for answering, I answer your question, does not move vertically horinzontalmente or windows, the XMBC detected only horizontal motion, but not the vertical. I need the vertical motion, to navigate and view documents. pdf. doc

what can i do?
XMBC detects the horizontal motion, thus reversing the activation and when I move the horizontal scroll, vertical moving windows.

mouse is dirty?

thanks
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

From what you said, the wheel is not working - this I find very odd as the wheel is simple and basic on most mice, but if the tilt works then you could remap that to scroll using XMBC.

However, I'm not 100% confident that I have understood what you are trying to ask, so I apologise but I have to ask a few more questions to try and better understand what you are asking...

1. Are you talking about the wheel scrolling (vertical) OR the tilt wheel (horizontal).
2. Does your mouse have more that one wheel?
3. when you scroll the wheel up and down, do the "wheel up and wheek down" fields in XMBC highlight in orange?
4. When you tilt the wheel left and right do the 'tilt wheel left' and 'tilt wheel right' options highlight in XMBC.

5. When XMBC is NOT running, does the wheel scroll work in documents to scroll up and dowm?
6. When XMBC is NOT running, does the wheel tilt work in documents (eg. web pages) to scroll left and right?

7. What driver is your mouse using?
8. Who makes the mouse - do they have a website with information that may be of use to help me understand what is different from a "normal" mouse?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
pro_driver
New User

Post by pro_driver »

Phil, i solve the problem, i opened the mouse, this is dirty, i clean and i solve the problem.
thaks so much
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

lol, well at least its not a problem in XMBC ;)
--[ Phil ]--
clm_de
New User

Post by clm_de »

Just to clarify:

The Apple Mighty Mouse has a small trackball instead of a wheel, thus enabling scrolling in every direction. The mouse's construction leads to accumulation of dust and other dirt inside the trackball mechanism, so that the trackball often loses its tracking functionality in one or several directions.
Cleaning usually resolves the problem, but is not easily done, since it is very difficult to disassemble the mouse. A vigourous upside-down rubbing helps sometimes.

That might be the reason for Apple to drop that design and using an embedded track pad in the successor, the Magic Mouse.

To use Apple mouses with Windows, it is often helpful to use Apple's drivers, which can be extracted from the Bootcamp Driver Packages.

I've done so with a Magic Trackpad (one of the very best touchpads available, and huge with an active area of about 4x5" - more than 10x12 cm), and it works with XMBC on Windows 7 x64.