Make wheel click perform "Back" action?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gate1975mlm

Make wheel click perform "Back" action?

Post by gate1975mlm »

Can you please add an option to make the wheel click perform a "Back" action?

I have a Microsoft mini mouse for my laptap and it does not have a back button. So I want to make wheel click to perform back action.

I can do this with tyhe Microsoft software for the mouse however the Microsoft softare is crapo and I really would rather not have to use it.

Is it even possible to make wheel click perform the back action?

Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: Make wheel click perform "Back" action?

Post by phil »

Does the "Back" option in the drop down not work?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

phil wrote:Does the "Back" option in the drop down not work?

Its works for "Wheel up" and "Wheel Down" but there is no option for "Wheel Click" anywhere in the XMBC UI that i can see.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

The wheel click is the middle mouse button on most mice. When you click the button with the XMBC setup GUI open, it should highlight the relavant field which I would expect to be "Middle Button".

There are a few mice with more than 5 buttons, in that case it is possible that the mouse wheel button may not be in the first 5, in which case it can not be remapped by XMBC.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

phil wrote:The wheel click is the middle mouse button on most mice. When you click the button with the XMBC setup GUI open, it should highlight the relavant field which I would expect to be "Middle Button".

There are a few mice with more than 5 buttons, in that case it is possible that the mouse wheel button may not be in the first 5, in which case it can not be remapped by XMBC.

Thanks,
Phil
I am happy to report that I was able to get the Back Action to work with Wheel Click on my little Microsoft mouse which does have only 5 buttons. It has a Left,Right and a wheel for up,Down and click :)

However like you said Back Action will not work with Wheel Click on my Logitech mouse because it have more then 5 bottons. In fact it has 7 buttons plus wheel. But the good news is I don't need Back Action Wheel Click on my Logitech mouse because unlike my little Microsoft mouse the Logitech actually has a back button.

Thanks for your help! :)