Advanced Window Scrolling Greyed Out

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
WayneBo
New User

Advanced Window Scrolling Greyed Out

Post by WayneBo »

Hello,

I just found XMouse Button Control and I am thrilled! I now have a way to use the extra button on my Contour Mouse in Windows 7 Pro. (There were no drivers released for Windows 7).

One quick question, any idea why the Advanced Windows Scrolling options are greyed out for me? I would really like to try this with an app that I have that has never scrolled well for me. I think this worked when I tried the previous version of XMouse. I am now using version 2.0.

Thanks,

Wayne
phil
Site Admin

Re: Advanced Window Scrolling Greyed Out

Post by phil »

Hi, off the top of my head I think it's probably because the advanced scrolling works for specific windows rather than the default or application based profiles. Try adding a window specific profile and see of that works.

Thanks, Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
WayneBo
New User

Post by WayneBo »

[quote][/quote]

Thanks Phil,

I tried to add a profile for the application I was trying to fix scrolling for (Copernic Agent Pro) and also tried a window specific profile using Find Window and the Advanced Windows Scrolling is greyed out. I also tried it with a couple of other applications. Tried running X-Mouse as an Administrator (although I am running as an Administrator) and that did not help.

It seems I was able to do this when I gave the previous version of X-Mouse Control a try when I was testing Windows 7 on the same PC with the same mouse before I migrated to Windows 7.

Thanks for your help,

Wayne
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK now I have a little more time to answer properly :)

I have just tried it here and its working fine but its only applicable to profiles that define a window class or prent window class - that is, the "window specific" profiles that are more than just the executable name.

The reason for this, is that the advanced scrolling is applied based on the window class match, rather than for an entire application, for legacy reasons (in the previous version, advanced scrolling was in a seperate configuraiton section). It might be possible to apply to the whole window now (and thus allow you to define these options for any profile), but that would taks some more work - so maybe in the next version I can try and do that.

So for now, if the profile has the window class and/or parent window class defined you should be good to use the advanced scrolling.

If it still does not work, let me know and I will get into the code to see if there is something odd on your setup.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)