Automatic Clicking

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Dvah
New User

Automatic Clicking

Post by Dvah »

I'm looking to, upon pressing the "End" key, enable a macro which clicks once every 150 milliseconds for as long as the Left Mouse Button is pressed.

I hate to say I've been bested by complex explanations.

Any help?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Automatic Clicking

Post by phil »

Its not something XMBC can do - I would look at autohotkey if I were you!
I dont use it, but there are people here who do and may be able to help if your lucky :)

XMBC could do the click repeatidly bit, but not when the end key is pressed (it does not do any/much keyboard stuff).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Dvah
New User

Post by Dvah »

I'll take what I can. Moreover, I appreciate the timely respones. For comparison, SteelSeries support took over a week to answer. As long as I can disable it, auto click would be great.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thinking about it you could try this....

First enable the general setting "bypass all settings when scrolllock is on" incase things go wrong.
Next, setup layer 2 to autoclick the left button repeatidly while the button is down - to do this, use simulated keystrokes, with the tag {LMB} and set it to "repeatidly when the button is down" and you can configure the delay here too.

Then you can use global hotkeys or modifier keys to switch to and from layer 2. If you dont want to hold the key down, you want globla hotkeys - but bear in mind you will need a different key to switch to each layer.

If anything goes wrong/gets stuck, hit scroll lock to disable xmbc and change your settings :)

If thats too complex or does not meet your requirments, then my orriginal suggestion of autohotkey is the best bet.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)