Question toggle "shift/alt/ctrl"

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Question toggle "shift/alt/ctrl"

Post by phil »

Yes indeed - I understand.
I just wanted to confirm - which you have done :)

I will see what I can do to reset the sticky on any button press, and maybe to ignore the OSK in the mouse move profile switching. I've just found a bug myself so the current version will not be the release anyway!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

@ phil
I think you're going to have to make it only deactivate when mouse buttons besides those mapped to modifiers are pressed (i.e. only when LButton or RButton is pressed, but not Button4/5 - assuminig they are mapped to Ctrl/Shift). This way khold could still do multi-modifier commands.

@khold
khold wrote:I also had to disable "profile switching on mouse move" since it assumed my virtual keyboard was a program thus not using the settings for the app I typed in.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you map the same profile configuration to OSK then you won't need to disable 'profile switch on mouse move'. Basically you'd have a whole group of profiles (everything you want to use locked modifiers with) that have the same profile configuration.

• Beta Tester ‖ Global Moderator
    Logitech [ G700 | G500 | MX1100 ᵛ¹ ᵛ² ]
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Intel Core i7-960 @ 3.85GHz
    18GB (3x4GB+3x2GB) RAM
    DirectX 11
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
[/size]
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

KHold, can you please confirm...

You want the sticky to be canceled when you press ANY other mouse button, or just the left/right mouse button?

Oh and FWIW, Maintrane: If you were going to do that (map the profile to OSK also) you may as well use only default - but what if you want different configurations in different apps, you cant map the OSK to all of them, only one! So it would be better to ignore OSK and not change the profile when over it. However, I think for this version, that is not going to be changed - so KHold will have to keep the "Enable profile switching on mouse move" disabled - which I think is fair enough, as his configuration and requirements are different more specific anyway.
--[ Phil ]--
khold

Post by khold »

hehe alot of confirms here :mrgreen:

First things first. The new simkey sticky feature you implented in beta 1.53.12 I have found use for so please keep it if possible.

Second. I would like the New feature to be "canceled when you press ANY other mouse button" thats how the builtin keyboard operates.

Third. I love you can i please carry your babys Phil? i'm a man but i'm sure we can work it out :!:

/cheers

ps: the "Enable profile switching on mouse move" disabled works for me
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK thanks for that :)
I will see what I can do about resetting sticky on any other mouse button.
--[ Phil ]--
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

I'm assuming it's the same setup for all apps he wants to use this new modifier sticky feature with. So, no, it does not mean that he might as well map it to the default profile, if he's using it how I think he is.

If it's all the same setup for those buttons (e.g. MButton=Alt, Button4=Ctrl, Button5=Shift), then mapping those to all apps he wants this feature to work on + the OSK may enable him to keep "Enable profile switching on mouse move" active. I think that option is a good one to have checked.

I was just offering an alternate method for khold to use that may not require turning off that feature. Not suggesting that any new feature be added... or anything be removed.

I understand that turning that feature off is a current solution for khold, but he may find that the method I suggest still works out for him :arrow: + the bonus that profile switching would still be enabled for all his other uses.

P.S.
If khold is assigning completely different buttons for each app he's using this typing feature in, then my method/suggestion won't do. The button assignments I gave above are just an example, I obviously don't know his exact setup. :D
khold

Post by khold »

I don't know either :mrgreen:

No but srsly it won't work since in my browser mouse buttons 4 and 5 is regular back and forward. But thanks for the tips anyways. I'm learning as I use the setups and layers. For example the new hold down simkey is good for one app in a layer and so forth
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

khold, can you try the latest beta, it has a new "general setting" that lets you set sticky buttons to be canceled by any other button. Tested it a fair bit, including with the OSK and it seems to work.
Let me know.

Oh and another thing, MainTrane and I have been discussing your configuration and think that the following solution might be better (this was his original idea):

1. Import the attached profile and customize the simulated keystrokes in it as required.
On Screen Keyboard (Sticky Keys).xmbcs
2. Re-Enable switch profile on mouse move.
3. Press Apply.

Now when every your mouse is over the in screen keyboard, the simulated keys set in the OSK profile that you imported will work.

Thanks,
Phil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
khold

Post by khold »

You guys!

Awesome Phil, Now it works like I wanted it.
Also it's a simple thing to disable the setting whenever I want the sticky feature.

On the osk layout all I can say is "WOW!" :mrgreen:
This was actually better then I imagined, this way I get one extra set of functions for free!

Thanks alot guys! (k)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Great, I hope that is the last hurdle before release so keep an eye out for a new final version sometime soon :)

Thanks for the update,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
khold

Post by khold »

I found a bug! :mrgreen:

If I click on any modifier key and move the mousepointer outside of the OSK it releases itself.
This does not happen when I use a button assigned to the modifier you linked to me!

In reality its not a problem for me since i have to learn to use the buttons and not click em. It's just annoying :wink:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

When the profile switches, it should release any sticky buttons BUT it should not change profiles when moving the mouse IF a stick is down - so I guess it probably is a big - and probably only with the key-hold stick. I will check tonight).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK looking at your reply more closely, it seems when using the profile I sent you (the XMBCS file) it works, but when you set it up yourself it didnt work?

So whats the difference.
Maybe, the one that does not work, you could export and sent me (either here, by PM or by email)?
To export a profile, right click the profile and say export selected.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
neu_gierig
New User

Post by neu_gierig »

Hello experts,

i think i'm right here, but my english is bad(sorry for that) and so i'm not shure.
I had here a "steelseriess XAI" with 9 Buttons. and i want to put alt to the middle-Button, shift to the Button 4 and Ctrl to the Button 5.
The software of the steelseries don't accept the "Holding button" and so i hope that your software can do that? I tested some things but thince now nothing works right.

I can use only my left hand, and i'm working with CAD and Grafik-software. So i need often the buttons ctr, shift, alt to select things, changing the precision ...

Can u say me, how it does work with your software? Or is my mouse not compatible?

thanks a lot!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I'm not sure I understand your question, but I will try and answer as best I can.

With XMouse button control you can hold a key down while a button is pressed. To make a button send keys, select "simulated keystrokes" in the button dropdown. This should open the simulated keystrokes configuration dialog. In this dialog, you can specify the keys you want to press. The dialog contains a list of special tags/keywords that are used for special keys (like shift, alt, ctrl etc). You can tell it to use thee special keys like this: alt = {ALT}, ctrl = {CTRL}, shift = {SHIFT}

Also be sure to select the "how to send" method. For example, if you want the key held while you press the button, select During. If you want the key sticky (held down) until you press the button a second time, select Sticky (held). I presume by "Holding button" you either mean during or stick held which was new in v2.0 and what this thread is all about :))

Out of interest, did you read the manual included with v2.0 for this (i.e.. is it not clear enough)?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--