Beta Testers Wanted

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
gate1975mlm

Re: Beta Testers Wanted

Post by gate1975mlm »

Ok this is strange 1.53 is not working either :(

I wonder if I was using an older version then 1.53 when it was working?
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

I recommend enabling 'make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor' in the advanced settings dialog, if you haven't already done so.

The 'Lines to scroll using the scroll wheel' setting is only used when the scroll wheel is set to use the Default scrolling method in the Advanced Window Scrolling section. If iTunes doesn't respect the Default scrolling method then it won't read the line increments.

In the iTunes profile you have created, go to the Advanced Window Scrolling section and choose from amongst the available alternate scrolling methods. I would recommend either Method 1 (Scroll Message) or Method 4 (Wheel Message) then increment 'Vertical Lines' to whatever you desire.

Exactly what "1 album at a time" means in regards to iTunes, I don't know, e.g. I use Winamp and to get it's Media Library to scroll 1 full album cover I have to use Method 1 (Scroll Message) and set Vertical Lines to 2 (the ML scrolls 1/2 an album cover by default).

-

As far as the freezing issue you're going to have to post a lot more information so Phil can help you troubleshoot - starting with your OS and an XMBC debug log, that captures the event (enable debugging in the advanced settings dialog), and if applicable software your mouse driver uses.

Thanks
MainTrane

• Beta Tester ‖ Global Moderator
    Logitech [ G700 | G500 | MX1100 ᵛ¹ ᵛ² ]
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
    Intel Core i7-960 @ 3.85GHz
    18GB (3x4GB+3x2GB) RAM
    DirectX 11
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
[/size]
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Update!

OK 1.53 is working with iTunes scrolling.

And I found out why its not working in 1.53.9 Beta.

If you take a look at the screenshot of 1.53.0 it has an extra feature that is missing from 1.53.9.

In the window on the left I had to add iTunes,exe in there and then choose "Method 4 (Wheel Msg)" and the Vertical 1 and Horizontal 1.

Then I had to also add iTunes.exe to that window on the right. And then make "Lines to scroll using the scroll wheel" 1.

After doing that I am now able to scroll iTunes albums 1 at a time with the wheel.

So the reason why I can not change the "Lines to Scroll" in iTunes with newer version 1.53.9 Beta is because that window on the left in the screenshot is missing from 1.53.9. And thats the only wayto get "Line to scroll" with iTunes.

Why was this removed?

Also 'make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor' in the advanced settings did nothing for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

It's not missing at all; advanced scrolling has been migrated to the Scrolling & Navigation tab in the main GUI in order to consolidate all window mapping profiles (seeing as buttons can now be mapped to window parts).
Window profile information is now displayed in a box directly beneath the configuration tabs instead of in the profile list. You should also take note that the profile list now supports custom naming of your profiles.
If you re-examine your first screenshot (1.53.9) you will notice the profile information is now displayed directly above the apply/close buttons.

I ensure you nothing is missing, you simply need to make sure the profile is configured exactly as you had it in the earlier version. IT WILL WORK.

P.S. 'make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor' does exactly what it says. It would simply enable scrolling in iTunes (and any other window) without having to actually activate (click inside) the window.

18GB (3x4GB+3x2GB) RAM
    DirectX 11
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
[/size]
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Ok Another update :)

I finally got "lIne to scroll" working with iTunes using 1.53.9 Beta!

Like you said I had to use Method 4 (wheel Msg) under Advanced Window Scrolling

And change Vertical Lines to 1 and Horizontal Characters to 1.

And I also had to change "Lines to Scroll using mouse wheel" to 1.

And now I can scroll the iTunes albums 1 at a time even in the beta :)

Thanks again for your help! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

As far as the X-Mouse Button Control UI freezing'/Crashing I will keep an eye on that and see if it stil happens after I did a reinstall.

Could have just been my computer causing it more so then a probelm with X-Mouse Button Control itself.
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

Glad to be of help :D
Don't forget to test out binding buttons to specific windows , it's the major feature in the new beta.

You can assign iTunes specific hotkeys to button presses on your iTunes profile(s).
Also, assigning them to other windows such as sections of the taskbar could be convenient.

Regardless of how it happened, any crashing/hanging of the program is serious and it would be much appreciated if you continue to monitor and log any occurrences. Please, don't hesitate to report any issues :) , thanks

MainTrane
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK beta updated - now version 1.53.11

Mostly bug fixes (many bugs that MainTrane has reported :))
Also added a new simulated keystrokes option "Sticky hold" for KHold.
Also added sticky support for 4th and 5th buttons (just to make it a complete set).

As usual, please report any issues here or by PM/EMail.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Another beta update.
And on to 1.53.12. The link in the first post has been updated.

Only a few bug fixes in this one. Mostly to do with layer modifier dropdowns in the GUI, but also some issues were found with the layer switching code which has been cleaned up significantly as a result :)

Again, let me know if you find issues.
I'm tempted to call this "RC1" because if its stable with no show stoppers found, I might make it the release next weekend or so. Of course, now I said that, chances are it wont be! :?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

New Issue!

I can not make the volume in "Winamp" scroll 1 line at a time with XMBC 1.53.12 Beta.

Winamp can just seem to move 3 lines at a time when moving the volume with the mouse wheel. 3%, 6% 9%, 12%

I tried every setting in XMBC and none seem to work.
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

That's not an XMBC issue. It's how Winamp is built.

For example, in the profile you created for Winamp, set advanced scrolling to method 4 (wheel message) and the vertical lines increment to 1. Click the settings button at the bottom left corner and put a check next to 'make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor'. Now, when you scroll over Winamp's window, the volume will only change after every third notch of your scroll wheel. Winamp only changes the volume @ the default Windows line scroll setting (3 lines).

If you want finer increments when controlling Winamp's volume with the wheel, you have to ask on Winamp's forums.

Thanks,
MainTrane

18GB (3x4GB+3x2GB) RAM
    DirectX 11
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
[/size]
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

MainTrane wrote:That's not an XMBC issue. It's how Winamp is built.

For example, in the profile you created for Winamp, set advanced scrolling to method 4 (wheel message) and the vertical lines increment to 1. Click the settings button at the bottom left corner and put a check next to 'make scroll wheel scroll window under cursor'. Now, when you scroll over Winamp's window, the volume will only change after every third notch of your scroll wheel. Winamp only changes the volume @ the default Windows line scroll setting (3 lines).

If you want finer increments when controlling Winamp's volume with the wheel, you have to ask on Winamp's forums.

Thanks,
MainTrane
Ok I just figured since XMBC is able to change the scroll line speed in iTunes it could do the same for Winamp.

Guess I was wrong :(

Thanks for the info :)
MainTrane
Dedicated

Post by MainTrane »

You're not at all understanding me. XMBC does change the scroll speed in Winamp. That's why I typed out the steps above, for you to see that it does indeed adjust the scroll rate over Winamp's window.

The problem is that Winamp will still only adjust volume after it receives 3 lines scrolled. It's how the program (Winamp) was built.

Once again, if you want to change how Winamp's VOLUME responds to the scroll wheel their forums are the place to request that change.

Thanks

P.S.
I use XMBC to adjust several scroll rates in Winamp, and also have several Winamp hotkeys mapped to my XMBC profile for Winamp. They all work as expected.

The problem you're describing is a built in functionality of Winamp, and specific to volume control - and nothing else - using the scroll wheel . It can only be changed by Winamp's development team.
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Ok thanks MainTrane I now understand when you are explaining.

However now all of a sudden iTunes will not scroll 1 line at a time again.

And I did not change any settings.

Man this is driving me crazy lol.
Last edited by gate1975mlm on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gate1975mlm

Post by gate1975mlm »

Update!

There are definitely some bugs in XMBC.

Becasue I set iTunes to scroll 1 line at a time. And what I am seeing is at random times it works and at times and now most of the time it does not work.

Its like when I scroll the albums in iTunes sometimes I can go 1 at a time and then it skips 3. the mouse wheel is not being very accurate at all.

However I found another software called "KatMouse" whch also has the feature change scroll lines and this is working perfect. I am able to scroll 1 album at a time all the time.

http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

Where as with XMBC wheel line scrolling is all over the place. At lease with iTunes.

I would of couse rather use XMBC over Katmouse.
Last edited by gate1975mlm on Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.