lock axis, how?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: lock axis, how?

Post by phil »

Oh and be aware, that I've found axis locking does not work in some games - esp. ones that get the mouse data before windows messages get involved. The feature was requested more for the graphic designers who like to draw straight lines :)

Having said that, I think it works in HL2/CSS so some games are fine.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kylde
Dedicated

Post by Kylde »

phil wrote: I'm glad its working :) It may be counter-intuitive (I knew you would say something like that :)) but it is what was requested. I agree that it might well be sensible to have a hotkey type toggle to lock axis as well. But the "modifier" keys are designed to work only when held, where as the global hotkeys are toggle.

I will see if I can add some extra global hotkeys to toggle locks.

I'm glad you like the icon - I've got used to it now and I like it much more than the old one - that looks rubbish when going back :)

As for the 'fox problem, I have not made any changes for that - I wonder is its timing related (and thus affected by the debug logs) - I suspected this before but haven't had a chance to investigate properly. I cant remember but did we try adding any delays in the simulated keystrokes (eg. {waitms:50})?
Yes, toggle PLEASE, would be SO useful :) I'll add the wait delay and let you know after a day's usage
Kylde
Dedicated

Post by Kylde »

phil wrote:I will see if I can add some extra global hotkeys to toggle locks.

As for the 'fox problem, I have not made any changes for that - I wonder is its timing related (and thus affected by the debug logs) - I suspected this before but haven't had a chance to investigate properly. I cant remember but did we try adding any delays in the simulated keystrokes (eg. {waitms:50})?
Quick update, using 1.53, added the wait command as suggested, and took out the "left-click" command, it's now 99% perfect, and when it DOES go wrong I can tell it is going to happen and can abort, so I'm a happy camper :) Now if only it had a toggle-lock for lock axis and worked in Links 2003 (a windowed golf game), which for some reason Xmouse refuses to work in at all, although I recall Intellipoint working with Links many moons ago
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

One of the reasons for th lock was someone wanted it for tiger woods 08 game. but it didn't work in that either - I think these sorts of games get the mouse data by other means - before windows messages get in the way (which IMHO makes sense as it prevents cheating :))

The only way to fool them, so far as I can tell, would be at the driver or hardware level :( - Maybe intellipoint worked at driver level - maybe its just down to the individual game (& version). I will try and add toggle locking but I suspect it wont help in those games. Interesting it does work in some games - like for example HL2/CSS but its not so useful in them (other than maybe sniping as I think you mentioned)

But at least the delay idea has helped your WIN-Z issue :) That one makes some sense to me too!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Kylde
Dedicated

Post by Kylde »

phil wrote:But at least the delay idea has helped your WIN-Z issue :) That one makes some sense to me too!Phil

well I think we can close this thread :) The Win-Z has worked flawlessly for about a week now, don't know whether it was 1.53 that did it or adding a {wait}, but I'm a happy bunny :) Thanks for your help, MUCH appreciated
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Lol, I can guarantee that its not 1.53 that did it because I havnt not built 1.53 yet :)
But ok glad its still working fine with the beta :)

Thanks for the update.
Phil

PS. Expect 1.53 sometime soon - maybe the weekend if Im not too busy.
--[ Phil ]--