Thank you very much Phil

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
iandh
New User

Thank you very much Phil

Post by iandh »

I recently purchased a new laptop as a requirement for my new job, and it pretty much wiped me out financially. Unfortunately, I'm not a huge trackpad fan, and the trackpad on this laptop (Asus G73) is notorious for being tempermental. In fact, I just returned my first G73 tonight because the touchpad had a chunk of junk in the lamination that caused a bump and dead zone in the pad. Luckily the new one is flawless.

I didn't really have a whole lot of budget left for a notebook mouse, and unfortunately, the lower budget models lack back/forward side buttons, which are a must for me with the amount of browsing I do for work.

When I went to return my first defective laptop tonight, Best Buy had a really good sale on the logitech M305 notebook mouse, which is normally $29.99, for $16.99. That's still $16.99 more than my budget of $0.00, but I had to get it.

Luckily, even though it lacks side buttons, it has center click and left/right pan which I never use. Un-luckily, Logitech does not support button reassignment with this mouse so that they can charge you more for one of their expensive mice, and the fancy software that comes with it. I did some Googling, and X-mouse was the most effective, simple piece of software I could find, and as a plus was very cheap (free). I assigned the left pan to back, the right pan to forward, and the center click to open a browser window.

X-mouse just turned my $17 mouse into a $60 mouse, and frankly I actually like using right/left pan as forward/back better than I like the side buttons.

I wanted to let you know that X-mouse is working perfectly on Windows 7 home premium x64, coupled with a Logitech M305 notebook mouse, and additionally does not cause any trouble with my trackpad when the mouse is connected. It seems to be very lightweight and starts quickly on boot. Well done!

I'm very tight on cash right now, but I wouldn't feel right using this great little piece of software without paying at least something, so I sent a donation of 5 pounds (about $8.50 US for me, I had left in my paypal account). I gladly would have sent more, but unfortunately it isn't in the budget.

Thank you for developing this software, please keep it up. I'll gladly donate again if I install this on any additional machines.

Anyone else reading this, I kindly suggest you do the same.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Thank you very much Phil

Post by phil »

Thanks for the great feedback, Im glad XMBC is working well for you.

Thanks also for the donation, it is much appreciated, but don't think you have to donate more for other installs - that certainly is not nessercery - just like you dont need to thank me evey time you install it - once is fine by me :)

I hope your new laptop (and job) work out well for you.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)