VLC Time Jump FIX

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
GGALLIN1776
New User

VLC Time Jump FIX

Post by GGALLIN1776 »

I figured it out (again) finally, how to force X-mouse & VLC cooperate, turning your side navigation buttons into time jump.

This pertains to pretty much the last few versions of windows if your mouse isn't doing what it used to automatically. Especially when it comes to Onn brand tomfoolery.

In X-mouse, for your default profile set buttons 4&5 to back/forward, click save profile.

Next in vlc, tools drop-down menu>preferences>select show ALL settings, save & exit then reopen preferences.
Advanced settings>interface>hotkeys settings.

Set mouse wheel horizontal axis control to "ignore".
Double click on short jump forward in the menu below that, click button five & the prompt to set "browser button" will appear. Set.

Repeat with short jump back & button four.

Below that you'll have to set the short jump length to 1 second using the arrows (just typing the number assigns a random jump), it will skip back/forward exactly 5 seconds each time you click.

Save, exit VLC & then restart, try it on audio or video. Depending on your PC you might get more accurate results, so adjust accordingly.

Yea, I know, it doesn't make much sense but that's the only fix unless you want to jump around 60+ seconds.

Without X-mouse, this no longer works on any version of VLC made past about 2018.

I'd post images of the menus but I'm still too new for that, will add later.
phil
Site Admin

Re: VLC Time Jump FIX

Post by phil »

Did my solution I gave you not work for you then?
And why did you not just reply in your existing thread? (never mind!)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)