Bug report/Feature Request related to "Change mouse cursor ..."

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
WutDsf
New User

Bug report/Feature Request related to "Change mouse cursor ..."

Post by WutDsf »

XMBC Version: v2.20.5 (x64)
Installed or Portable version: Install
Windows Version: 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601) x64
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: EN-US

Case example : 1 non default profile , 2 Layers only

Bug: When using Layer 2 , "Change mouse cursor when profile is active" will not revert back to normal when the profile is no longer active as it does when using Layer 1 , the cursor remain stuck with the custom profile one and the "2" overlay indicating the current layer.

Feature request: since "Change mouse cursor when profile is active" will not work unless "Change cursor to indicate active layer" global option is turned on it also means that using any layer beside the default layer 1 will add an numbered overlay to the cursor. I would like to be able to use the feature without the layer indicator. :arrow: "Change mouse cursor when profile is active" could have its own global toggle option separate from the layer overlay option
phil
Site Admin

Re: Bug report/Feature Request related to "Change mouse cursor ..."

Post by phil »

Ive added this to the bug list, but can you explain a little more, what do you meant by "layer 2 only". There must still be a layer one?
Can you send me the example profile that does not work and explain how to reproduce it a little more?
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
WutDsf
New User

Post by WutDsf »

phil wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:50 am Ive added this to the bug list, but can you explain a little more, what do you meant by "layer 2 only". There must still be a layer one?
Can you send me the example profile that does not work and explain how to reproduce it a little more?
Sorry for the confusion , I ment that i used only 2 layers and not more.
Reproduced the bug after a fresh profile folder and enabling those two settings on a added process/window profile (no changes to default profile, or other additional changes)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

This should be fixed in 2.21 Beta 34. There is no need for an additional option as the application specific cursor should work no matter if the layer cursor is enabled.

Also fixed the application cursor not resetting on layer >1

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)