Please add Logi Lift Ergo Mouse Support

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
zzzk
New User

Please add Logi Lift Ergo Mouse Support

Post by zzzk »

Logitech Lift Ergonomic Mouse):
Please add support for side buttons. They do not flash in x-button when pressed: :D
phil
Site Admin

Re: Please add Logi Lift Ergo Mouse Support

Post by phil »

XMBC does not and can not support specific devices. XMBC hooks into Windows mouse message system which provides native Windows support for five buttons, scroll and tilt (this is why XMBC can not support more than 5 buttons, as described in the F.A.Q).

If your mouse/mouse driver does not send/trigger those Windows mouse messages, there is nothing XMBC can do to "support" it (that is incredibly rare though).

Does your mouse have its own software to control the buttons? Do they have any impact in Windows (with/without any other software)?
Many logitech mice require some configuring in the Logitech software (SetPoint, GHub or whatever they are calling it today!), to make the buttons behave in the "default" windows way (but for some reason, not the "default" logitech way). In some cases, once configured, the logitech software can be removed. In other cases, the logitech software is need to remain running - depends on the device!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
zzzk
New User

Post by zzzk »

Thank you for getting back to me. I can set functions with the logitech software for the buttons, but not what I need. I still cannot use your software for the side buttone for the logi lift ergo mouse. Oh, well, probably not possible. Have a good night.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

It is possible, but in the Logitech software you need to set the buttons (4&5) to back/forward (the windows default) then XMBC should see them.

I’m away on vacation right now but when I get back I will see if I can find more detailed instructions if you haven’t managed to get it working by then!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)