Google Street View mouse wheels...

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
trujillostm
New User

Google Street View mouse wheels...

Post by trujillostm »

XMBC Version: 2.20.5
Installed or Portable version: Installed
Windows Version: 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech MX Master 3S
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?:
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Spanish

How do I have to configure the application to associate the horizontal wheel with the horizontal rotation of the panoramic view in street view. With the keyboard it would be the letters A or D or the right or left arrows to move. I would also like to use the vertical mouse wheel to look up or down in the panorama.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Google Street View mouse wheels...

Post by phil »

Firstly, you have to figure out how to recognise goole street view from other windows, so you can setup a profile for that. As its a webpage, its more tricky - particually as there is no way to identify streetview mode from the window (browser) caption. You may have to have a profile for your browser that matches on the window title (regex) "*.Goole Maps", but I cant really help much more with that as it will be browser specific (if it is even possible).

If you can get a profile to activate, then you set the tilt wheel left/right to simulated keystrokes and use a and d. You might want to use Method 6 (repeat while down) BUT there is a problem with that, as the tilt wheel is NOT a button and thus does not discrete down and up messages. You can make virtual discrete down and up messages by ticking the "Ignore repeated remapped horizontal scroll" option on the profile's options tab (and maybe play around with the for (milliseconds) value to suit).

Something like this works for me in Edge....
Google Maps.xmbcs
I don't know about up/down are there keys for that? I cant find any, w/s or up/down arrows seem to move forward/backwards. But If so repeat the above for the wheel up/down with said keys, also turn on Ignore repeated remapped vertical scroll" on the options tab. Obviously that will "break" the default zoom with the wheel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)