Stop while running?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Picas117
New User

Stop while running?

Post by Picas117 »

I'm just wondering if there's a setting/key combo that can stop the program while it's running/executing simulated keys? Currently if there's an error while running I feel like I have to wrestle with the program to regain control!
phil
Site Admin

Re: Stop while running?

Post by phil »

You should be able to disable XMBC (e.g. using the scroll lock key or setup a hotkey to disable/enable XMBC), that should interrupt simulated keys (although I'm not 100% sure it will, and there may be a small chance a key may get "stuck" down) I would have to test that and make sure it behaves as expected.

You can use {FLUSH} simkey command in another button press macro.
Perhaps I should add a new hotkey that will do exactly this - stop the currently executing simkey sequence as gracefully as possible, but that will (obviously) require a change to XMBC. I'll add this to the list, but I cant give any estimate as to when it may get done - I hope I will get a little time to spend on XMBC between Christmas and the new year, but I cant promise!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Picas117
New User

Post by Picas117 »

As always you're amazing Phil, thanks for the response and I'll keep my eye on the horizon to see if it becomes a feature in a future update :) Happy Christmas to you and yours!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

FYI, The next beta (2.21 Beta 28) will have a new global hotkey to abort any running simulated keystrokes.
It will be available here shortly
--[ Phil ]--
Lores
Dedicated

Post by Lores »

I keep my X-MBC [along with other such programs when run] visible in the Tray notification area. Sometimes I am able to close them executing Exit from their icons
phil wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:56 pm FYI, The next beta (2.21 Beta 28) will have a new global hotkey to abort any running simulated keystrokes.
It will be available here shortly
Maybe such abortion command could / should be automatically executed whenever user physically releases all mouse buttons- so that X-MBC would never get stuck
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

That would be a sure way to break many functions in XMBC lol!
What about simkeys that are expected to take longer to run that the button is held
Or sticky simulated keys/actions
Or repeating simulated keys
And all the other cases that would completely break if everything was reset when all buttons were released!
--[ Phil ]--