Can XMBC cycle through a group of keys by pressing the same button, sending only 1 each press?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
tawfir99
New User

Can XMBC cycle through a group of keys by pressing the same button, sending only 1 each press?

Post by tawfir99 »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version:2.20.5
Installed or Portable version:Installed
Windows Version: W11
Mouse Information (brand/model): dazz/625237
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): i7 9gen, 16gb ram
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): i dont have a problem, i have a question
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): i dont have a problem, i have a question
How long have you used XMBC?: few months
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English international

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

Can XMBC cycle through a group of keys by pressing the same button, for example: i want to cycle through F1 to F5 {F1,F2,F3,F4,F5} when i press the mouse button 4, when i press the first time only F1 is sent, next time i press the F2 will be sent, this will go through all the group of keys and go back to the first in group after the last is pressed.

is it possible? i tried searching in boards and read the FAQ, but did not find any answers

edit: i found a way to do what i want using layer switching in each press
phil
Site Admin

Re: Can XMBC cycle through a group of keys by pressing the same button, sending only 1 each press?

Post by phil »

I guess you figured it out already, but just for others who may be looking, yes you can use layers to do this.
Setup the number of layers you want to cycle (max 10). Then for the button on each layer, select simulated keystrokes, enter the key followed by {layer:next} or {layer:<x>} where x is the number of the next layer.
In the final layer in the cycle, use {layer:1}. For all other buttons, leave the action as "same as layer 1" or "no change" whatever applies best to you.

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)