As I Move Mouse, It Highlights Everything.. How Do I Fix?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
xlook
Dedicated

As I Move Mouse, It Highlights Everything.. How Do I Fix?

Post by xlook »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Installed or Portable version: no
Windows Version: 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): microsoft
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): 2.3, 16MB
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: 8 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: english

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:

I use firefox and have xmouse mappings and buttons configured for it.

After filling out an employment form as a pop up on Linkedin, the pop up disappears and the page under it comes back into view. The problem ensues when the page highlights everything as I move my mouse. How do I get rid of the highlighting?

Xmouse customized buttons and mappings:
- Left and right button chording: simulated keys
- Mouse button 3 for previous window... mouse button 4 for task view.
- Tilt window left for ctrl + W... tilt window right for ctrl + T
phil
Site Admin

Re: As I Move Mouse, It Highlights Everything.. How Do I Fix?

Post by phil »

My guess would be that the left button is getting stuck down - not released properly in some circumstances. I guess something is causing the left button up to be either blocked or not sent through to windows, so it thinks you are holding the left button.

When you chord a button, it has to delay the messages to Windows from that button, and re-inject them. If the process blocks injected input (unlikely in a browser) then that could be a problem. Or maybe XMBC is not releasing the button after the chord, perhaps depending on the order the physical buttons are released.

Maybe you could send me a copy of your profile so I can see exactly how it is setup, but chording setup on the left button is likely the problem,
perhaps you could force release the left button in your simkey sequence (at the end) with {RELEASE}{LMB} but that might not work for other reasons. I would expect simply pressing and releasing the left button should fix it too but maybe not - the debug log may also be of benefit here, in debug mode it logs every button press, and what it is doing with it.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
xlook
Dedicated

Re: As I Move Mouse, It Highlights Everything.. How Do I Fix?

Post by xlook »

phil wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:30 am My guess would be that the left button is getting stuck down - not released properly in some circumstances. I guess something is causing the left button up to be either blocked or not sent through to windows, so it thinks you are holding the left button.

When you chord a button, it has to delay the messages to Windows from that button, and re-inject them. If the process blocks injected input (unlikely in a browser) then that could be a problem. Or maybe XMBC is not releasing the button after the chord, perhaps depending on the order the physical buttons are released.

Maybe you could send me a copy of your profile so I can see exactly how it is setup, but chording setup on the left button is likely the problem,
perhaps you could force release the left button in your simkey sequence (at the end) with {RELEASE}{LMB} but that might not work for other reasons. I would expect simply pressing and releasing the left button should fix it too but maybe not - the debug log may also be of benefit here, in debug mode it logs every button press, and what it is doing with it.
Hey how you doing phil. Long time no talk. I had disabled xmouse and the problem seems to be repeated so it may not be xmouse thats the culprit. But I will disable xmouse again and restart my PC to retest, just to make sure. If the problem is found to be xmouse I will send you my profile and we can go from there.

Will let you know of my results. Thanks.