double keystroke

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ACEhun
New User

double keystroke

Post by ACEhun »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: 2.20.4
Installed or Portable version: portable
Windows Version: Windows10 Pro x64, 1909 build: 18363.418
Mouse Information (brand/model): Fujitsu P/N: 810-002868
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: etc. 2 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Hungarian

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
Hello, my problem is that when setting up the command below, when the mouse button is pressed, it appears several times that the given command is sent several times in a row, so (in this case) it closes several windows in a row. This happens with a maximum of 2 windows, the application has never closed more than 2, but it is very annoying. What can cause it?

"As mouse button is pressed" {ACTIVATE}{CTRL}W or {ACTIVATE}{CTRL}{F4}
phil
Site Admin

Re: double keystroke

Post by phil »

I have no idea what can cause it. If you are using method 1 (as you suggest) it should only send the keys once.
To see if XMBC is sending only once or multiple times, best idea I have is to turn on debug logging (Settings->Logging & Updates -- check the Debug logging box, OK and APPLY that)... Then reproduce the problem and after it goes wrong, make a note of the time and send that, along with a copy of the log - you can paste the log here or send it to me in a PM (NOTE: new users can only attach files after 4 posts) or email it to me....

Then I can check and see what XMBC is actually sending. If it is only sending it once (as I cant see how it could be doing more) then I will need see if I can reproduce the problem here, so a copy of your profile would be useful too (so I can import it as is and see if the problem happens here).

Also, just to make sure, you only have one instance of XMBC running? (it shouldn't be possible to run two unless they were run from different locations maybe) so I doubt its anything like that!

EDIT: Actually, I wonder if the mouse button itself is "bouncing" old mice often suffer this problem as the micro-switches start wearing out. I've replaced several mouse buttons in my time to fix such "bounce" problems. XMBC can in theory detect and ignore bounces (but its never an exact science). The log will perhaps help tell us that, but I would expect you to notice it generally too without XMBC running as multiple clicks when intending only one click.

The only other thing, you didn't mention which button - you haven't set this on the wheel or tilt have you (which are not buttons so behave differently sending repeated messages which obviously would cause more than one set of sequences to be sent - they are things you can do if that is the case!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
ACEhun
New User

Re: double keystroke

Post by ACEhun »

The action is set to the middle mouse button. First of all, I will try it with another mouse, because it is really quite old, and the "bounce" problem you mentioned may occur.