Secondary mouse with custom key combinations

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
intel478
New User

Secondary mouse with custom key combinations

Post by intel478 »

XMBC Version: v2.19.2 (x64)
Installed or Portable version: Installed
Windows Version: 10 22H2
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech Trackball Marble & Kensington Expert Mouse Wireless Trackball
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): -
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): -
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): -
How long have you used XMBC?: Multiple years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English (US)

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
Please make it possible to have a secondary mouse with custom key combinations, such that the 1st mouse acts as a normal mouse would, but the 2nd mouse if moved hits a hot-key, e.g. shift or alt or any other key really, so it becomes a combination of a key + mouse movement.
This would be awesome as an affordable way to have trackball control with shortcuts in many programs, e.g. Capture One for photo editing.

Thanks for considering!!
intel478
New User

Re: Secondary mouse with custom key combinations

Post by intel478 »

Here's why this feature would be ideal: youtube .com/watch?v=UHd74DiCILo
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Not sure if you have checked the FAQ or not, but if you had, you should already know why this is not possible...
XMBC uses mouse hooks, They have no way of identifying the source device. So unless I can detect the source device by other means (which may be possible but not straight forward and possible not reliable) then it simply cant happen.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
intel478
New User

Post by intel478 »

Thank you so much for the quick reply!

The reason I thought there's a change is that Logitech SetPoint (I've got a "Logitech Trackball Marble") has the option to have "SetPoint Implementation" with "Retain OS settings", so I can actually configure my regular mouse and trackball separately.

Now I've recently bought this thing: "Tangent Ripple" and they claim to only use the "HID device therefore no drivers are required".
www_tangentwave_co_uk/product/ripple/
This HID does not interfere with the mouse configuration at all luckaly and it can emulate a mouse although too choppy.

Therefore I had hope, but alas, thanks for the continued effort on the XMouse software, making me more productive!