Scroll left and right actions

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Juggler
New User

Scroll left and right actions

Post by Juggler »

First of all - thank you for this Great software. Most branded mouse "drivers" have less features than yours "even not a driver :D "!

Is it possible to add scroll left and scroll right to available actions? I see there is Mouse Wheel Scroll Up and Down, maybe it is not very hard to add Mouse Wheel Scroll Left and Right? It could be very useful for audio/video editing software when mouse have no tilt functions, and user want to use regular scroll wheel to scroll left-right on timeline for example. Also it could be very useful to restore tilt wheel functionality for some non-branded "cheap chinese" mice which has a tilt wheel, XMBC detects it, but you can't use tilt wheel to scroll left-right...
phil
Site Admin

Re: Scroll left and right actions

Post by phil »

Tilt should work fine so long as your using Vista or later. What OS are you using>
XP/2003 and earlier doe snot natively support the tilt messages so a driver would have to provide that function.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Juggler
New User

Post by Juggler »

I'm using Windows-7 32-bit. XBMC detects tilt left and right, but nothing happens with or without XBMC. So it could be handy option for all of us, probably.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I don't understand what you mean - "it detects it but nothing happens".
If you want it to be changed form the default (horizontal scroll) then you use XMBC remap it to something else.

The default in Win7 is to scroll a scrollable window left or right (horizontally).

What are you expecting to happen?
--[ Phil ]--
Juggler
New User

Post by Juggler »

sorry for my english, let me explain.
i've got win7 32 and mouse with tilt wheel and 4 buttons which provides:
left mouse button, right mouse button, middle (click wheel), 2 side buttons, and tilt left and tilt right.
default windows driver has no actions for tilt left and tilt right, i know it should out of the box but it doesn't, and i don't know why. when i tilt wheel left or right nothing happens.
that's why i'm asking to explicitly add actions wheel scroll left and right, coz leaving them to "nothing (pass it to windows)" actually does "nothing" in my case :D
i think it is because of mouse, not windows, but i have no other mice with tilt wheel to check...

so, answering your question - by default it doesn't scroll horizontally, and i'm expecting it to scroll.
i don't ask you to fix drivers or windows or mouse, i'm asking you if possible to add horizontal scrolling to available actions like you did with vertical scrolling, that's all.
maybe someone else also will use horizontal scrolling with side buttons too...
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

If the tilt does not work out of the box, then there is little I can do. XMBC relies on the "standard" tilt messages being sent to Windows. It then catches and remaps these messages.

So if the original message does not happen, I cant re-map it (or make it do the default scroll).

I would like to understand why the defaults don't work - maybe there is an option/setting somewhere. I've just reinstalled Win7 (x64) and its still working here with my Logitech G9 :S

Sorry about that.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Juggler
New User

Post by Juggler »

phil wrote:So if the original message does not happen, I cant re-map it (or make it do the default scroll).
Well, I CAN remap tilt left and tilt right to any available action in XMBC. And it works!
Clipboard01.jpg
The only thing we need (from thread about MS intellimouse tilt wheel too) is to add two more options.
Clipboard02.jpg
So we can map horizontal scroll to any mouse button.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ahhh I see - now that makes sense.
I will investigate and see what I can do. Out of interest, if you enable/disable "scroll window under cursor" , and leave the mapping to "nothing don't intercept", does it make any difference - I seem to recall that when I wrote that I did something for scrolling windows with the tilt too....

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Hummm,

I think you may be missing the point. Mouse Wheel Scroll Up and Mouse Wheel Scroll Down do not make the window scroll. They make the default mouse wheel action happen - which generally *is* scroll.

If I do the same for tilt, then it will make a tilt happen - this is intended to be assigned to other buttons, not the scroll or tilt wheel itself. I think what you are really looking for is an option to scroll the window up, down, left and right, rather than simulate the wheel being pressed - which after all, you could leave as "nothing (don't intercept" to achieve the same effect?

I will try and add such scroll options for now.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Juggler
New User

Post by Juggler »

phil wrote:I will try and add such scroll options for now.
yes, I was trying to explain we don't need to simulate tilting tilt wheel :lol: we just need more scroll options which actually scrolls windows, so you can map tilt wheel to scroll up, down, left and right.

thanks in advance.

p.s.: btw, i have another mouse on another pc and ofcourse i use it with XMBC. but sometimes mappings stop working for some reason... i will investigate more and try to find what causes it.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I got that implemented - seems to work for most windows but there a re few awkward ones I found that didn't want to play :(

Still its better than nothing and I will have to see how it goes. Maybe I can push a beta out for some others to test. Are you interested?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Juggler
New User

Post by Juggler »

phil wrote:Maybe I can push a beta out for some others to test. Are you interested?
Sure I'm intrested! Count me in. Just let me know when and where to get it.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I'll send you a PM with link when I get home from work tonight.
--[ Phil ]--