XMBC 2.21 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.21 Beta

Post by phil »

LOL, I modified it to use the parent when parent is the match type (dropdown selected index = 1), I didn't actually check that the old behavior still worked as expected with anythin other than selected index 1 :oops:
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 22.

Its been a while, and there is some interesting/exciting (for some) new stuff in here, which I'll talk about later...

Changes since 2.21 Beta 21 (above):
  • #840 - Modified to always send VOL+/- keys no matter the current master volume slider value.
  • #831 - Fixed an error in the previous version that broke the window finder for normal window matching!
As usual, feedback welcome - especially if you find a bug! Any issues/problems, Enable debug logging, make a note of the time the problem occurs and then PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet of the last hundred lines or so in a code block here).

NOTE: If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only ~1/3rd of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

No portable version yet. If that's a problem, let me know!

Please keep this beta thread on topic. It is for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
--[ Phil ]--
jhonGL
New User

Post by jhonGL »

Both Media - Volume down and {VOL-} now set the volume to zero. Was working fine in beta21.

Vol+ is fine.
BugSplatter
Dedicated

Post by BugSplatter »

phil wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:41 pm LOL, I modified it to use the parent when parent is the match type (dropdown selected index = 1), I didn't actually check that the old behavior still worked as expected with anythin other than selected index 1 :oops:
Oh well :lol: It's fixed now in Beta 22 :)

@jhonGL & Phil: I also noticed that there's a problem with the volume. (since Beta 22)
- The system sound volume lowers when I send {ACTIVATE}{WAITMS:10}{x} or {ACTIVATE}{WAITMS:10}x
(using Wheel Up/Down or Tilt or any mouse button) to Firefox.
- Firefox gets the keypresses, but at the same time the volume lowers everytime.
Last edited by BugSplatter on Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:20 am, edited 26 times in total.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 23.

Its been a while, and there is some interesting/exciting (for some) new stuff in here, which I'll talk about later...

Changes since 2.21 Beta 22 (above):
  • #841 - Modified Sticky Hold simulated keys to remeber state per button (thus multiple sticky held keys will work at a time)
    Also allow sticky hold keys to be aborted with the press of any physical key, or mouse button, or (eventually) a specific key (not implemented yet)
    Fixed a few potential issues with repeat simkeys (particually regarding aborting them).
  • #842 - Attempt to fix reported issue with simkeys failing after resuming from sleep. Added additional debug logging if fix does not help.
  • #839 - Some enhancements to configuration of Arduino devices (still intended for internal/private testing).
As usual, feedback welcome - especially if you find a bug! Any issues/problems, Enable debug logging, make a note of the time the problem occurs and then PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet of the last hundred lines or so in a code block here).

NOTE: If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only ~1/3rd of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Please keep this beta thread on topic. It is for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
--[ Phil ]--
BugSplatter
Dedicated

Post by BugSplatter »

In Beta 23 all 'Block original mouse input'-checkboxes (existing & for newly made macro's) are unchecked. After reverting to an older version, the boxes are checked again.
Last edited by BugSplatter on Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

So they are... thanks - it was quite a big change to that dialog - I guess I broke it! Will fix!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 24.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 23 (above):
  • #840 - Fixed an error causing {VOL-} to fail (and set volume to 0%).
  • #841 - Fixed an error with Block Original Message in simkey dialog. Updated abort on specific key field to work with/accept more keys.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 25.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 24 (above):
  • #842 - Another attempt to fix issue with simkeys failing (particularly after resuming from sleep with non English key layout).

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 26.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 25 (above):
  • #840 - Fixed another error causing {VOL+}/{VOL-} to not be sent even after the change in 2.21 Beta 22.
  • #791 - Further changes to try and prevent XMBC from crashing in the audio/volume manager when resuming from sleep and/or after changing the default audio device.

--[ Phil ]--
MisfortuneCookie
New User

Post by MisfortuneCookie »

Hey Phil, I think I found an easy one for once. The "Action Tags" > "Activate Process" menu shortcut comes with a stowaway. It inputs the following:

{ACTIVATEP:<process.exe>}{VOL:25}

I'm guessing the volume tag is an uninvited guest?

Thanks, as always, for the useful software. I also have a longstanding issue involving the "draw order" of the Application / Window Profiles. Often, after loading the master profile, the menu listings will load the incorrect Window Profile for each entry. Cycling through the menu once causes the entries to self-correct. I've accidentally edited the wrong entry several times and, of course, managed to overwrite the save thanks to the "Warning: If you say No" auto-save prompt (please make this prompt default to a new save iteration rather than a one-punch overwrite and you might add years to my life expectancy). The menu issue isn't new to 2.21, I think it's been a nuisance since day 1. It might have something to do with the application profile list populating before the associated profile data is finished loading.

This beta release has been remarkably stable and problem-free for me compared to previous updates, so I feel entitled to break out my "Greatest Hits" complaints! The road to hell is paved with good intentions, Phil!
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

MisfortuneCookie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:11 pm I also have a longstanding issue involving the "draw order" of the Application / Window Profiles. Often, after loading the master profile, the menu listings will load the incorrect Window Profile for each entry. Cycling through the menu once causes the entries to self-correct. I've accidentally edited the wrong entry several times and, of course, managed to overwrite the save thanks to the "Warning: If you say No" auto-save prompt (please make this prompt default to a new save iteration rather than a one-punch overwrite and you might add years to my life expectancy). The menu issue isn't new to 2.21, I think it's been a nuisance since day 1. It might have something to do with the application profile list populating before the associated profile data is finished loading.
Can you give me more of a step by step so I can see if I can reproduce this - it sounds like a nasty one.
What do you mean by "menu listings" do you mean the content of the profile list window (with the checkboxes) or the combo boxes or something else?
And what do you mean by self correcting by "cycling through the menu"? What menu?
I often (when debugging) switch between different peoples master profile, but I can't say Ive ever noticed this (that's not to say it isn't happening though!)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 27.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 26 (above):
  • #848 - Fixed issue with the Action Tags -> Activate Process action where the wrong tag was added to the simkey text box.
  • #847 - Modified XMBC to update its internal initial key repeat rate/key repeat speed when changing the settings in Windows keyboard control panel.
  • #846 - Added code to attempt to find reason of log message: Caught unhandled exception in KeyHookLLProc... Exception unknown! Related to #841
  • #845 - Modified logging of volume/audio endpoint failure (if not registered - i.e. No audio COM components available, report as debug log only)
  • #841 - Fixed a crash/null pointer exception when checking & aborting repeat timers.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 28.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 27 (above):
  • #849 - Added global hotkey to abort simulated keystrokes immediately.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 29.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 28 (above):
  • #851 - Fixed issues with language translations reported in 2.21 Beta 28, including protection from crashing with invalid format strings in translated text!
  • - Updated copyright year!

--[ Phil ]--