XMBC 2.21 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.21 Beta

Post by phil »

FYI: 2.20.3 has just been released. It is identical to 2.21 Beta 6 so if you have that or later, no need for 2.20.3!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, so after releasing 2.20.3, of course we find a new problem related to the change in 2.21 Beta 6 (#810)....
Typical... So here is 2.21 Beta 7, which may now also be released as 2.20.4 when I'm happy there is nothing else broken, and ideally that the crash that was happening is no longer happening!

Changes since 2.21 Beta 6 (above):
  • #810 - Fixed a problem where the new improved timer did not stop, particularly from WHEELUP/WHEELDOWN configurations!
As usual, feedback welcome - especially if you find a bug! Any issues/problems, Enable debug logging, make a note of the time the problem occurs and then PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet of the last hundred lines or so in a code block here).

NOTE: If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only ~1/3rd of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

No portable version yet - wait for 2.20.4 for that please (gives me less excuse to delay too long!)

Please keep this beta thread on topic. It is for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I'm glad I waited before turning Beta 7 in to 2.20.4!!!
Here is 2.21 Beta 8, which may now also be released as 2.20.4 when I'm happy there is nothing else broken, and ideally that the crash that was happening is no longer happening!

Changes since 2.21 Beta 7 (above):
  • #813 - {ACTIVATE} simkey action fails after changes in 2.20.3
  • #812 - Button Held Settings do not save/get corrupted in v2.20.3
  • #811 - Fixed a problem with window detection, particularly with matching captions when the method chosen was 'window or parent' or 'window or ancestor'.
As usual, feedback welcome - especially if you find a bug! Any issues/problems, Enable debug logging, make a note of the time the problem occurs and then PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet of the last hundred lines or so in a code block here).

NOTE: If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only ~1/3rd of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

No portable version yet - wait for 2.20.4 for that please (gives me less excuse to delay too long!)

Please keep this beta thread on topic. It is for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I wish I had checked the Discord feed before building Beta 8 as another problem was reported today there - and I missed it until I sat down with a (D)!
So hot on the heels of beta 8, here is 2.21 Beta 9, which, as I often say, may also be released as 2.20.4 when I'm happy there is nothing else broken, and ideally that the crash that was happening is no longer happening!

Changes since 2.21 Beta 8 (above):
  • #814 - Simkey Method 6 (Repeat) can cause unexpected additional repeats, especially when clicking mutiple times quickly.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK so 2.21 Beta 8 / 9 broke the window profile detection - instead of enhance it! oops... I can see beta 10 coming!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 10, which should fix the window profile detection, broken in beta 8 & 9... And as I keep saying (lol/sigh), this may also be released as 2.20.4 when I'm happy there is nothing else broken, and ideally that the crash that was happening is no longer happening!

Changes since 2.21 Beta 9 (above):
  • #811 - Fixed broken window profile detection in beta 8 & 9

--[ Phil ]--
Mars1001
New User

Post by Mars1001 »

In 2.20.3, when starting the PC, XMBC in the Startup folder, the tray icon is displayed, although the "Notification area icon is disabled" checkbox. When manually starting XMBC, the tray icon is not visible.
Can I make the tray icon not visible when starting the PC, as it was in 2.20.2?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

And you have un-checked the "Show tray icon by default" in settings?
Or are you doing it by command line argument in your startup folder shortcut?

Have you tried the latest beta? I don't seem to have any such problems with the icon on the latest beta?
Portable or installed version?

And why post in this thread (which is specifically for BETA) if you have not tried the beta. It clearly states in all the posts above that this topic is for discussing beta issues and nothing else - so I'm a little confused.
--[ Phil ]--
Mars1001
New User

Post by Mars1001 »

Fixed the problem of displaying in the tray, when the "Notification area icon" checkbox was unchecked, by deleting XMBC from "\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" where it was added after installing the new version. Now it is not displayed in the tray when starting the PC as expected.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

That makes sense as if you run it a second time the icon will get displayed intentionally!
--[ Phil ]--
Mars1001
New User

Post by Mars1001 »

There is no "Run at PC startup" setting in XMBC. Is it possible to make the "Run at PC startup" setting in XMBC so that I don't have to manually add it to the Startup folder? During installation, it is added to the \Run registry, but if you remove it from there, the easiest way to add it again is through the Startup folder, which I did. If this setting is, I will not manually add XMBC to the startup folder, but simply check the box.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

XMBC does not run as administator so it was never possible to add to the HKLM run key from the GUI.
I suppose it could add it to the HKCU run key.
However this IS NOT A 2.21 BETA ISSUE and should not be discussed here, but in a new topic as the rules request!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 11, which fixes a tricky few issues with {ACTIVATE} simkey token. I need to check that it does not undo the fixes made in beta 2/3 (#805).

Changes since 2.21 Beta 10 (above):
  • #813 - Fixed {ACTIVATE} simkey action fails to activate the Windows Desktop after changes in 2.20.3

No portable version yet - wait for 2.20.4 (or 2.21 as I may give in and release as that - keeps things tidier!) please!

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 12, which reverts the change to make regex case insensitive, as well as a few little code improvements try try and flush out the crash in the Windows audio manager when resuming from sleep in rare circumstances (it was much better since Beta 6 but I still got a crash report - so not perfect).

Changes since 2.21 Beta 11 (above):
  • #811 - Changed the regex matches back to case sensitive (was changes to case insensitive in beta 8 (#811).
  • #791 - Further structural changes to try and prevent XMBC from crashing in the audio/volume manager when resuming from sleep.

No portable version yet - wait for 2.20.4 please (or 2.21 as I may give in and release as that - keeps things tidier!).

--[ Phil ]--
BugSplatter
Dedicated

Post by BugSplatter »

"for me currently no problems"... I judged too quickly :oops:

Yesterday I began to notice unusual big delays for actions after clicking, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.
But after some time went by, I checked 2.20.2 again --> no problem
Then I checked beta 12 (&(new new)beta 11)) again --> Could't find words to describe it, so I made a video+logfile & mailed it to you
(video+logfile was right after restarting Windows, but it happens more frequently after Windows&XMBC have been running a bit longer):

Example: sometimes after clicking 'Mouse Button 5' with cursor over StopWatch:
--> ({MSET:1594,31}{ACTIVATE} (maybe {ACTIVATE} plays a part in the issues when a window is not already activated)
( --> maybe relevant or not, idk?: The cursur moves to the pause/play button of Zoom Player & profile 'Zoom Player Button' becomes active )
--> 'Zoom Player' does something with a subtitle/gives warning if there's no subtitle... which looks to me as if 'Forward' is executed (Or with some keyboard shortcut combination the same subtitle thing could be done, but I don't think XMBC presses these keys)
i.e. when I manually 'Tilt Wheel Right' (set to do 'Same As Default Profile' & in Default-profile set to do 'Forward') with cursor over Zoom Player/a zoom player-button I see this same thing (In Zoom Player-options I set the 'Forward Button' to 'Subtitles (resynch ahead)')

* What maybe could be happening is that there is a common problem causing all this (so the example 'zoom player'-thing, the long time some actions often need & the thing you can see happening in the XMBC-window in my video) --> seems like the correct profile does its thing & after that the default profile does its thing also, but should not (It looks to me that this (or at least something similar) is happening)