XMBC 2.21 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.21 Beta

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 30.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 29 (above):
  • #852 - Added simkey tags {CBINC:<number>} and {CBDEC:<number>} to increment/decrement the first numeric value in the clipboard by the specified (double precision) <number>.
As usual, feedback welcome - especially if you find a bug! Any issues/problems, Enable debug logging, make a note of the time the problem occurs and then PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet of the last hundred lines or so in a code block here).

NOTE: If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only ~1/3rd of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

No portable version yet. If that's a problem, let me know!

Please keep this beta thread on topic. It is for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 31.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 30 (above):
  • #851 - Fixed further issues with translation particularly on simulated keystrokes configuration window.
As usual, feedback welcome - especially if you find a bug! Any issues/problems, Enable debug logging, make a note of the time the problem occurs and then PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet of the last hundred lines or so in a code block here).

NOTE: If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only ~1/3rd of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Please keep this beta thread on topic. It is for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 32.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 31 (above):
  • #851 - Fixed further issues with translation particularly on simulated keystrokes configuration window.
  • #853 - Change CLOSE window action to execute on button release (up) rather than button down, to help prevent "stuck" buttons.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 33.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 32 (above):
  • #854 - Fixed problem sending keys that do not exist on current keyboard layout, such as ^ on a Russian keyboard.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 34.

Changes since 2.21 Beta 33 (above):
  • #864 - Fixed an issue when /exit failed if a child window was still open (sim key setup for example), causing issues during upgrades.
  • #863 - Modified to allow configuration of movement amount to unblock a chord (in pixels) and fixed some issues in that area.
  • #862 - Fixed an issue where Windows user settings (lines to scroll, cursor speed etc.) are not restored when shutting down the PC (as opposed to simply exiting XMBC).
  • #861 - Added modifier key to speed up the cursor.
  • #858 - Fixed issues with layer cursor indicators and app profile specific cursors.

--[ Phil ]--
Camicello
New User

Post by Camicello »

Hi,

Could you please post a portable version of the latest update ?

Thank you very much.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Generally I only make portable versions for full releases, but seeing as you asked so nicely (and I had expected such a request) :D
XMouseButtonControl 2.21 Beta 34 Portable.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
Camicello
New User

Post by Camicello »

Awesome.

Thank you very much.
gaia
Dedicated

Post by gaia »

phil wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:38 pm Generally I only make portable versions for full releases, but seeing as you asked so nicely (and I had expected such a request) :D
XMouseButtonControl 2.21 Beta 34 Portable.zip
Hi Phil
I have tested on many computers and mouses and it does work !
after reboot or shutdown , x-mouse does not change windows mouse setting anymore!
thanks Phil :cheers:
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Great, thanks for testing it :)
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Can you link me to XMBC v2.21 Beta 33? I want to make sure if I'm going to have the same problems with Chording Buttons that started to occur I believe in Beta 34 (since the first day it was released). It happens only if main button is set to a chord mode in these scenarios:

- in some circumstances holding Left Button (with no assigned SimKay) and clicking Right Button gets Left Button stuck (as it was still held)
- when I hold 5th button with assigned {ALT}o{TAB} SimKey to use Wheel Up with assigned {ALT}2 SimKey, it often acts like single click and triggers mentioned SimKey (of 5th Button) before I'm able to use it with SimKey of Wheel Up
- selecting more than one item, holding left button (with no assigned SimKay) and dragging them deselect all, also doesn't drop them in desired spot
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

2.21 Beta 33 - https://www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/downl ... on=2210033
There were some changed around how the chord is released, you can now configure the amount of movement to break the chord - but that should stay as it was unless you actually change it.... Other than that, there should be no difference - so I'm keen to know if you think otherwise, particularly if its demonstratable!

NOTE: Updated the link above to link to the full installer not the x64 update package.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

With Beta 33 all mentioned chording issues are gone. To be precise in Beta 34:

1st issue is occuring always at every first time on a Window Profile it was set on. So after it gets stuck I can unblock it with other keys, and then it doesn't happen again when using the same chording. The problem although happens again when starting to work on that Window Profile any time later (so after I open it or switch from other application).

2nd issue happens completely randomally, but often and any time it happens I can't use the same chord anymore as it changes main chord button to single click. To unblock it I have to use other keys. Then Chord works correctly till randomally again being changed to single click (of Left button) with a default SimKey, so with no opportunity to press other key together with Left button (held as first).

3rd issue is permanent, and the only solution to avoid it is disabling XMBC to be able drag and drop items.

There is also 4th issue I didn't mention previously. It actually is variation of 3rd since happens when using the same button. The difference is I don't hold that button (to drag items), but click it many times with micro breaks between each click. For example maybe 15 - 20 times. Then although it doesn't happen always, but quite often and randomally the mouse cursor in current application gets stuck with a used tool, and then even this single tool can't be used anymore. I can't close the application as well. So the only I can do is to exit XMBC and open it again.

These are only few examples what I imagine I quickly found in Beta 34. I lately don't use XMBC to the maximum so I guess mechanism of chording is changed to the degree it would affect also other chords in other applications I originally assigned. I literally never had problem with them using chording. It always worked perfectly with zero issues. I don't understand what you mean by "configure the amount of movement to break the chord", but so far I never had to do any additional action to use chords. Should I change something in every chord I ever set to adjust XMBC to my needs? I wouldn't like to do it as I had to test it with mutiple chords, and first find where I even have set them. As I must work I stay in Beta 33.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK the movement to abort XMBC was causing m grief (cancelling the chord too quickly on a sensitive mouse). That's why I made it configurable.
What I found when testing that, was that the larger the distance, the bigger the problem when aborting the chord (for example when dragging).
So I spent quite a lot of time on this, so I guess its not surprising its tripped up somehow (as it was a PITA to get it working for me).

The problem (I believe) is that when the chord is aborted, XMBC has to move the pointer back to the original place, simulated a click, move the pointer back to the end otherwise the wrong area/item is dragged (for example). Maybe I missed something there (sounds like it) or its also simulating a button up (or NOT doing that when it should) causing 2 button up or no maybe no button up events.

I don't suppose you can capture any of these with debug logging enabled? If you can, be sure to make notes of the timestamps each issue is reproduced.
Unfortunately I cant actually do a quick fix (even if it were a quick fix) as the signing cert has expired and I need to renew it. But in any case, I'm away for the next few weekends so wont get a change anyway - the more evidence I ca get the better (esp. if it helps me reproduce it). Right click chord is one thing I use pretty frequently (Ive always suspected it of being a little problematic) so maybe Ive made it worse (or worse, Ive made it better for me and worse for you as I have not *noticed* any significant problems yet!).
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I'm glad you still have power to develop your software, and give chance to downgrade to previous version. I of course try to catch these anomalies and send you logs with extra timestapms, but the best for me when you will have time would be perhaps to add settings chording option for 2 kind of users, those with sensitive mouse as yours to apply changes from Beta 34, and others like me to keep Beta 33 functionality. Probably it can be problematic and best solution would be to work out something in between, but if not, Beta 35 with said option (or however you fix it) would do the job for me.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P