XMBC 2.21 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.21 Beta

Post by phil »

BugSplatter wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:11 pm "for me currently no problems"... I judged too quickly :oops:

Yesterday I began to notice unusual big delays for actions after clicking, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.
But after some time went by, I checked 2.20.2 again --> no problem
Then I checked beta 12 (&(new new)beta 11)) again --> Could't find words to describe it, so I made a video+logfile & mailed it to you
(video+logfile was right after restarting Windows, but it happens more frequently after Windows&XMBC have been running a bit longer):

Example: sometimes after clicking 'Mouse Button 5' with cursor over StopWatch:
--> ({MSET:1594,31}{ACTIVATE} (maybe {ACTIVATE} plays a part in the issues when a window is not already activated)
( --> maybe relevant or not, idk?: The cursur moves to the pause/play button of Zoom Player & profile 'Zoom Player Button' becomes active )
--> 'Zoom Player' does something with a subtitle/gives warning if there's no subtitle... which looks to me as if 'Forward' is executed (Or with some keyboard shortcut combination the same subtitle thing could be done, but I don't think XMBC presses these keys)
i.e. when I manually 'Tilt Wheel Right' (set to do 'Same As Default Profile' & in Default-profile set to do 'Forward') with cursor over Zoom Player/a zoom player-button I see this same thing (In Zoom Player-options I set the 'Forward Button' to 'Subtitles (resynch ahead)')

* What maybe could be happening is that there is a common problem causing all this (so the example 'zoom player'-thing, the long time some actions often need & the thing you can see happening in the XMBC-window in my video) --> seems like the correct profile does its thing & after that the default profile does its thing also, but should not (It looks to me that this (or at least something similar) is happening)
Wow this one looks like it will be rather complex and tricky to investigate... I'm not sure what to say yet, its going to take time to study (and I havnt had any free time this week).

However, please refrain from emailing me big files, especially if you have to split them across emails - that's really bad form! You should share the files using some other means - youtube or any file sharing service (like I used One drive to share the internal beta with you before release). I'm not sure but I don't think I have received them correctly. My mail server limits attachment sizes for good reason, not least because I don't have infinite storage!.

Also to add, it is really important that you tell me when (what time) this happens so I can correlate the debug log with the time the problem occurs - otherwise Im searching through a massive amount of log and its often difficult to find!
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 13

Changes since 2.21 Beta 12 (above):
  • #815 - Added work around for {CTRL}{ALT}{DEL} not working (blocked by Windows/UAC).
NOTE: There are still strict Windows requirements for this to work. This is only applicable IF you are using UAC and you must allow accessibility tools to invoke the secure attention sequence (SAS) using the local security policy editor!

As usual, feedback welcome - especially if you find a bug! Any issues/problems, Enable debug logging, make a note of the time the problem occurs and then PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet of the last hundred lines or so in a code block here).

NOTE: If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only ~1/3rd of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

No portable version yet - wait for 2.20.4 please (or 2.21 as I may give in and release as that - keeps things tidier!).

Please keep this beta thread on topic. It is for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 14

Changes since 2.21 Beta 13 (above):
  • #816 - Button Chording with a repeated simkey in the chord does not cancel the repeat.
  • #813 - Further fix for {ACTIVATE} simkey action fails after changes in 2.20.3
As usual, feedback welcome - especially if you find a bug! Any issues/problems, Enable debug logging, make a note of the time the problem occurs and then PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet of the last hundred lines or so in a code block here).

NOTE: If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only ~1/3rd of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

No portable version yet - wait for 2.20.4 please (or 2.21 as I may give in and release as that - keeps things tidier!).

Please keep this beta thread on topic. It is for announcements and reporting bugs in the current beta, NOT for requesting new features and/or asking about existing (non-beta) functionality!
--[ Phil ]--
BugSplatter
Dedicated

Post by BugSplatter »

I installed beta 14 and made a new video+log(debug was on while recording). I used WeTransfer to send it to you.

18:48 I middleclicked over 'Windows Explorer' a number of times. The problem is that {DEL} is not happening anymore(same in beta 12)
18:49 I middleclicked a number of times & I hope you can see in the video/log what is happening, sometimes there seems to be no problem, but
in other conditions there's the delay/blinking XMBC-window issue

difficult to explain this and I hope this makes sense enough to you

* Zoom Player is not receiving 'Forward' now, so that's a good thing
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ive replied via PM - I dont want to fill up this thread with our random discussions!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 15.
OK I think/hope this is close to finished now...

Changes since 2.21 Beta 14 (above):
  • #813 - Further fix for {ACTIVATE} simkey action fails after changes in 2.20.3

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

So you are aware, I have release 2.20.4 which is identical to 2.21 Beta 15 (apart from the version number of course).

If you are on the latest beta you can stay there, or download 2.20.4 directly - it makes little difference (technically, the beta version logs a little more to the log file with debug logging disabled, but there is very little in it).

I was debating if I should make it 2.21 and be done with the 2.20 release which has had more problems than was anticipated, perhaps because it was rushed out initially to deal with the firefox change! But I decided to give 2.20 one more chance at stability - I dare to say I think 2.20.4 is OK on that front in comparison to the earlier 2.20 versions, and no doubt I will regret saying that come tomorrow!
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 16

Changes since 2.21 Beta 15 / 2.20.4:
  • #820 - Attempt to fix hang/lockup deadlock conflict between repeat timer thread and main hook thread.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 17

Changes since 2.21 Beta 16:
  • #821 - Fix problem where volume down {VOL-} sim keys stops working, but volume up {VOL+} continue to work!

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 18

Changes since 2.21 Beta 17:
  • #822 - Fixed bug with sticky repeat sim keys where it would not work properly after being released/aborted by pressing another button.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 19

Changes since 2.21 Beta 18:
  • #823 - Fixed unable to abort WAIT/WAITMS/HOLD/HOLDMS even with {flush} queue.

--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

For info, I have just published 2.20.5 which is exactly the same as 2.21 Beta 19 (the versioning nightmare continues :D)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 20.

Its been a while, and there is some interesting/exciting (for some) new stuff in here, which I'll talk about later...

Changes since 2.21 Beta 19 (above):
  • #839 - Initial investigation to use Arduino to send simulated keystrokes instead of SendInput.
    This is an internal project/experiment and is not publically available yet! Let me know on discord or the forums if you
    are interested in this and have suitable hardware (NOTE: Requires and Arduino Micro running my XMBC Arduino code!).
  • #838 - Fixed issue with long, slow, repeated simkey sequences where sometimes the repeat would not happen for a large amount of time.
  • #837 - Flush and simulated input and disable any simkey repeat timers when disabling XMBC (inc. with Scroll Lock)
  • #836 - Add ALT+SHIFT+TAb to the actions list.
  • #829 - Added {ACTIVATEP:<process.exe>} and {ACTIVATET:<title>} simkey tags to activate a specific process/window
  • #826 - Re-written simkey repeat timers to allow multiple timers to run at once (on different buttons).
There are quite a few changes here, so I expect a few problems/issues - just let me know about them here!

Now, firstly, #826, several people have been requesting this. Up until now, XMBC had only one timer to repeat keys. Thus only one button could repeat at a time. Now each button can repeat as its own rate. Of course, if you are sending keys, it could get all muddled up sending keys in between other keys but that's not my problem :).

And #839 - This is a biggie, but more of a fun side project for me at the moment. Basically instead of using the MS SendInput API to send keys, XMBC can now talk to a special hardware addition, an Arduino based Pro Micro to send keys as if from a physical keyboard.
ProMicro2.jpg
This device can operate as a "virtual" USB keyboard and type the keys, which means the keys will be seen as from a physical keyboard rather than software injected. I'll let you work out what that could potentially mean. Right now its "working" but its not ideal - and needs more development on the Arduino code. If you are interested in this and playing with it, you will first need to purchase an Arduino micro, then you will need my "XMBC Arduino" code to install on it. This is not for the average user - t this stage, it may not even go any further - still very much experimental!. NOTE: Arduino micro clones (anything with the ATmega32U4 CPU) may also work (but equally may need changes in XMBC to support it - not sure - early days!). Contact me here or on discord for more info, but only if you are serious and have or are willing to buy the required hardware for now!

NOTE: This is DISABLED BY DEFAULT and to enable it, not only do you need suitable hardware, but also to edit the XMBC settings to turn it on manually! Get in touch for more info!

No portable version yet. If that's a problem, let me know!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.21 Beta 21.

Its been a while, and there is some interesting/exciting (for some) new stuff in here, which I'll talk about later...

Changes since 2.21 Beta 20 (above):
  • #840 - Added some extra logging around the media control (VOL+/-) to help investigate a problem someone is having with VOL+ not working!
  • #831 - Modified the Find Window (advanced profile finder) to automatically get the parent window details when the match type is set to Parent Window
  • #830 - XMBC can now see and set profiles for Edge PWA apps (by using caption matching and selecting Parent Window as the match type see #831).

No portable version yet. If that's a problem, let me know!

--[ Phil ]--
BugSplatter
Dedicated

Post by BugSplatter »

I like the new possibility in 'Beta 21' to be able to use the window finder for parent windows IYKWIM, but I found some erroneous behavior.

probably needs to be fixed:
When I leave the 'Match Type' to be 'Window' & use the window finder, the details of the parent window are used.
(of course the wrong details will not match the 'Window')

Example(adding a profile for a Firefox-tab that is currently opened):

- With 'Window' as 'Match Type'(the incorrect details are being used):
* 'Caption' should be empty (now it's 'the tab-title')
* 'Class' should be "MozillaCompositorWindowClass" (now it's MozillaWindowClass")
* 'Parent Class' should be "MozillaWindowClass" (now it's empty)

- With 'Parent Window' as 'match type'(the correct details are being used):
* 'Caption' is 'the tab-title'
* 'Class' is "MozillaWindowClass"
* 'Parent Class' is empty