[NOT A BUG] Adding a Profile for any program deactivates the Default one for such specified software

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Lores
Dedicated

[NOT A BUG] Adding a Profile for any program deactivates the Default one for such specified software

Post by Lores »

XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Installed or Portable version: Portable
Windows Version: Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 x64
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech Mouse MX Anywhere 2 Business Travel / Logitech Mouse MX Anywhere 2 For Amazon
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no - as I am a new user; formerly of HotkeyP, where I had no such issues
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no - as I am unable to upgrade this system of mine due to some Microsoft bug [and I have no time or energy to install it from scratch]
How long have you used XMBC?: just testing for 2 weeks
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English US

When I add for example some Button Chording for Middle Mouse Button in the Default Profile, everything is A-OK. But when I add to my X-MBC also a new Profile for e.g. Notepad, then apparently this Middle Mouse Button stops working in Notepad. And if I add that very same Button Chording for the same MMB in Profile of Notepad, then it works in Notepad - and of course only in it

I have tried importing Profiles, resetting system, downloading the software once more, building my Profiles from scratch and making sure I do not have some other software affecting my input- but this chain of ill-behavior repeats itself. So either there is a bug - or I am so stupid that I cannot comprehend some fundamental inner workings of X-MBC or my English sucks greatly

[In the title of this topic I stipulated that this happens for any program - but in reality I have tested only some combinations using: FreeCommander, Microsoft Screen Magnifier, Notepad, Notepad2, uTorrent, Windows Explorer. But nevertheless once I suspected what was happening, I performed 2 sets of thorough tests, doble checking everything and using options I do not really intend to use]
Last edited by Lores on Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phil
Site Admin

Re: BUG: Adding a Profile for any program deactivates the Default one for such specified software

Post by phil »

Send me a copy of your profile (all settings, save profile button button) if possible.
I'll have a look.

But in your NOTEPAD application profile, did you set the middle button to ** same as default profile ** (that should be the initial/default setting).

I have chording setup in my default profile on my right button, and I have many application specific profiles, that the default right button chording works (unless of course I change the right button settings in the application profile)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Lores
Dedicated

Re: BUG: Adding a Profile for any program deactivates the Default one for such specified software

Post by Lores »

But of course I did not; and I did thought that initially it had somehow worked, but I was not sure of it later on

But I am not a molto stupido person as I had went and looked in Settings for anything that could affect / govern this- and found nothing, as there was nothing to be find there in regards to this issue. And had there been a checkbox like let's say

Switch the default "No Change (Don't Intercept)" to "Same As Default Profile" in all of the drop-down menus

I bet you we would not be having this conversation, as I would have chosen it when reading through Settings after I had already gotten acquainted with X-MBC a little

And thus I propose adding such checkbox to the Settings. Or maybe it should be even the other way around, i.e. with Same As Default Profile being set as the default one?