Old Key binds overruling new ones

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
karastanley20
New User

Old Key binds overruling new ones

Post by karastanley20 »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: Version 2.19.2
Installed or Portable version: Installed
Windows Version: Windows 11
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech G203 wired
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc):
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): no
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): unsure
How long have you used XMBC?: 2 months
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?:

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
When I first installed XMBC I bound my 4th and 5th mouse keys to keys Q and E for gaming it worked with no issues. When I moved on to a different game I unbound those keys to those buttons and have had no issues as well, the keys were no longer bound. All of a sudden recently, my 4th and 5th mouse keys were bound again to the Q and E keys and when I went back into XMBC there was nothing saying that those buttons should be bound to those keys. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and making sure that I disable old key binds when installing, even trying scroll lock. I've restarted my computer and unplugged my mouse but nothing seems to be working. My 4th and 5th mouse buttons remain bound to Q and E
phil
Site Admin

Re: Old Key binds overruling new ones

Post by phil »

Hi,

That sounds odd, but something else must also be remapping those buttons. XMBC does not (can not) make any permanent changes to button assignments, it can only intercept the buttons in real time, when it is running, and remap the button to your choice. If XMBC ix not running (like when you uninstalled it), it t cant possible be changing the buttons to any keystrokes.

If you open the XMBC settings, when you press button 4 and 5 are the drop down boxes for 4 & 5 highlighting in orange? I have a feeling they wont be because XMBC wont be seeing the mouse button messages if something else has changed them. Are you 100% sure you haven't changed the buttons in the Logitech software (that is more permanent than XMBC and *can* (depending on the mouse) change the buttons so they continue to be changed even after the Logitech software is removed!)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)