Scroll function where the mouse pointer is

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
4c3T

Scroll function where the mouse pointer is

Post by 4c3T »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: 2.20 Beta 6
Installed or Portable version: Installed
Windows Version: Windows 10 Enterprise
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech G502
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): 2 x AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 6378 @2.40 GHz, 24 GB R-ECC RAM
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): N/A
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): N/A
How long have you used XMBC?: 5 years or so
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: Swedish

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
I'm curious about windows like Disk Manager's lower part of the window (MMC) as it's impossible to scroll that part which is incredibly annoying. :shock:
Every time I open it (I have a lot of disks...) I make the same mistake, and the second after facepalm :roll: .

Is this something that can be fixed in some clever way?
I tried searching for it, but upon searching for "scrolling" I got 75 pages of results, so I gave up just as quickly. Sorry if this has been covered before, which I'm almost certain it has :wink:
The more, the merrier, but not with people. Those we can do with less of. Save Earth, stop procreating :!:
4c3T

Re: Scroll function where the mouse pointer is

Post by 4c3T »

Ehhrm... I actually found a solution as I was browsing around the forum & settings.

Turns out I can add/change application's individual profiles and specifically the (Tab Scrolling) Scroll method.
In my case 2 or 3 of the choices available in the list worked.

I must learn to look further before asking unnecessary questions :roll:

Edit: This function saved my bacon in another app (Hard Disk sentinel) that I'm using frequently and has a stupid behavior when scrolling the list on the left hand side (Changes the selected disk, which is super annoying when you have like 30 disks and each jump makes the thing lag, not to mention if you have a touchy scroll wheel which can jump anywhere from 1 to 50 clicks at a time unless it's locked for single steps (Logitech G502 has a mech-switch for this)!).

I will recommend this app in their forum for this functionality!

Can't get my head around that I never thought to check those options. You learn something every day I suppose. :whack:
The more, the merrier, but not with people. Those we can do with less of. Save Earth, stop procreating :!:
phil
Site Admin

Re: Scroll function where the mouse pointer is

Post by phil »

Glad you figured it out! :)
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)