Key Simulation/binding

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
etheriei
New User

Key Simulation/binding

Post by etheriei »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: Latest
Installed or Portable version: Installed
Windows Version: 10
Mouse Information (brand/model): Rat 6
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Lenovo P51
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): yes but I lost my original Xmouse settings and can't recall
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): no
How long have you used XMBC?: 4 years
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English, US

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).:
Hi there, So I am trying to simulate the side buttons on my mouse for use in Aion but no matter how I do it, nothing happens. It used to work so well and I would love to have this functionality otherwise my mouse is sort of useless. All I want to do is create a simulation that when I click the first side mouse button it will have the function of alt and when combined with one of the numbers on the keyboard it will use a spell . I also want to create one for the Ctrl function too that used the F1- F12 keysbinds. These are the ingame placements. So if I click the alt side button it will register it as the alt key and the same for the ctrl side button. I do remember it working well but then I lost my settings and haven't been able to set it up since. I'm playing on Aion America and there doesn't seem to be a ban on it at all. Thanks
phil
Site Admin

Re: Key Simulation/binding

Post by phil »

What have you tried?

This should work (if the game is not blocking it)....
Simulated keystrokes,
Method 3
{ALT}

You can include the number after {ALT} but I presume you want to actually press the number on your keyboard?!

Also, {CTRL}{F1} or just {CTRL} and then press the F-Key - again method 3 is important here (during - while you hold the mouse button)

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
etheriei
New User

Post by etheriei »

I tried the during and on press since that's all I could remember. I shall be attempting again soon because I might have set my keybinds on the actual mouse software as wrong so I will check that now. If it doesn't work it could be the game doesn't allow it (I'll check with the moderators). Thanks for your very good advice though. I appreciate it.
etheriei
New User

Post by etheriei »

It's fixed thank you Phil.

I may have broken the functionality by binding the mouse wrongly in its default software.
Thanks so much for the quick help and response! XMouse is great
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Great, thanks for letting me know - its not uncommon and I've been known to do that too (and then spend far too long figuring out why :))
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)