Stop sticky if Alt+Tabbed or clicked outside.

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
RaexD
New User

Stop sticky if Alt+Tabbed or clicked outside.

Post by RaexD »

Please fill in this template when posting!
XMBC Version: 2.19.2
Installed or Portable version: Portable
Windows Version: 19 1809 LTSC
Mouse Information (brand/model): Logitech G402
Relevant Computer Information (CPU, RAM etc): Ryzen 5, 32 GB
Did the problem occur after an upgrade of XMBC? (If so, from what version?): No
Did the problem occur after a Windows update/upgrade? (If so, from what version?): No
How long have you used XMBC?: Couple years. 3-4
What language and keyboard layout do you use in Windows?: English and Some generic Keyboard 🤷???

Clear description of the problem - try and include as much information as possible, including what button and mappings you are having problems with (if applicable).: No Issue, just a question.

So it is kind of related to this [Using Two mapped buttons together] (I can't post links)

I didn't think of that then and I realized that I could just have set my hotkeys very differently. So this is my setup right now.

7 different functions. 3 of which use the Middle button.

A - MM
B - Shift + MMB
C - Ctrl + MMB
D - Shift + LMB
E - Ctrl + LMB
F - Shift + RMB
G - Shift + RMB

So for A I don't need to do anything. For B to G. I have set my 4th mouse button as Shift and 5th as Ctrl. I need to just press two keys at a time for anything at all.

Now problem with this is that I still need to press 2 keys at a time. Which is sometimes a bit cumbersome. But since it's just 2, one of which could be sticky I can deal with that. So the Shift or Ctrl (Mouse button 4 or 5) can be sticky. But what I want is this. When those are sticky I don't want to keep them sticky once I am outside of the window. What happens is when I am using that particular program and the keys are sticky. And I alt+tab out of them. Or some notification pops up and I click outside, very often the sticky key remains stuck and it's sometimes stuck outside of the window or sometimes just still stuck within the program so when i return to it, it's still held down.

Is it possible to prevent this kind of behaviour?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Stop sticky if Alt+Tabbed or clicked outside.

Post by phil »

Currently, there are options to release sticker keys when another key is pressed, and/or when another button is pressed and/or when the layer changes (in advanced options). I don't believe there is an option to release sticky keys when the profile changes (but I think that is enforced).

But there is no way to release sticky keys when the window under the mouse changes - that might not be appropriate in several scenarios either so I'm not sure how beneficial it would be.

I presume you are just using the default profile right now? If you created a profile for the window where you want those sticky keys to work, that might do the trick (as in release sticky when leaving the window, because the profile changes). That's certainly worth a try before anything else - if you haven't already?!

Regards,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)