Customizing buttons when over a youtube/twitch player

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
jhonGL
New User

Re: Customizing buttons when over a youtube/twitch player

Post by jhonGL »

I wanted to get the most out of this youtube thing, with the 3 usable buttons + wheel. RMB, MB4, MB5

So i thought: RMB+Wheel = CTRL+Wheel, MB4+Wheel = Shift+Wheel, MB5+Wheel = ALT+Wheel

I found out fast that using just ALT+Wheel will highlight the 3 right dots in chrome when you release MB5. Solution? MB5+Wheel = {ALT}{LWIN}{MWUP/DN} 8)

Tweaks for youtube allows winkey (calls it meta) + alt + wheel

This is what i came up with: RMB - Volume, MB4 - 5 seconds seek, MB5 - playback rate
yt tweak buttons5.jpg
What are you guys using on youtube?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kolyapedal
New User

Post by kolyapedal »

Personally, my goal is to have a cup of tea or a cigar in my left hand and my mouse in my right hand. So I don't use the modifier keys. My preset so far: just two columns for the wheel (seek, speed).
temp1.JPG
I have no need for the volume adjustments, I use a few browsers, this way I get to adjust the volume in the default windows mixer (RB+LB toggles C:\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe. I had to use AHK to toggle the program.)
temp2.JPG
For my old laptop I may add a third column to adjust the quality (Wheel or MB4/MB5). A quick jump to the next chapter might be handy. I don't know yet, the extension has so many things to bind, there are audio compressors, video filters, the dev is actively adding more stuff to his project. It really is a XMB for YT.

PS. Actually that guys has one more extension in development "Video Dominator" and unlike Tweaks it's a universal beast.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jhonGL
New User

Post by jhonGL »

kolyapedal wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:17 pm Personally, my goal is to have a cup of tea or a cigar in my left hand and my mouse in my right hand. So I don't use the modifier keys.
My modifier keys are button chords, so you get even more possibilities.

I don't want to touch the keyboard either if it's not necessary! :lol:

Oh, "Video Dominator" is new to me so i took a look.

So far it works with Overlay Element, i tested on twitch and twitter. The problem is it needs activation key, while teaks for youtube works without one... :cry:
Overlay Element
- hover over a video, hold the activation key down and use mouse wheels or buttons
- activation key can be the Right Mouse Button, Ctrl, Alt, or Shift
- available on almost any website
videodominator.jpg