XMBC 2.15 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Re: XMBC 2.15 Beta

Post by Kukurykus »

Finally! Thank you great Phil - tomorrow when I'm at work I'm going to test it to the maximum. That 'Unblock after' makes I get back many unused buttons! YUPI! It seems it works, beside there may be some strange behaviour I just found and had to do workaround for. I'll focus on it later to be sure I know what I'm talking about...

I agree with Injtsvetov impression about to lower level of Okey and Cancel buttons. It would look much better they were like before, so on the level of last text line).

I had to write it earlier, but I was too lazy :oops: could you Phil make that when we choose {layer:next} and we are already on last layer it takes us back to the first one. By last layer I mean last set, so if for ex. there are 3 set layers in sum, then 3rd one is last). I know they work so when I choose 'Layer (next)' from the dropdown list, but they don't when I write {layer:next} in simulated keystrokes. I think XMBC could check is the last layer the last one of my set of layers and if so then switch to the first one (if not disable, then another one available). I'm asking about because I use {layer:next} with other part of code, and that would be bad idea to choose {layer:1} as some button simply I use to move between layers. It could be same with {layer:previous}.

PS. now I see there left 'Update the installer to use the newly released NSIS 3.0 instead of NSIS 2.x', only one thing to do this Beta was completed or there is something more you want to do beside fixing bugs? Personally at this moment I don't have any sersious needs :D This Beta is for me so splendid like 2.14 - Thank You!
Last edited by Kukurykus on Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes I think we are getting close to release.... I'm not sure about the installer - it may be enough effort to put back to the next run; I have already updated it a bit but when trying the new NSIS 3 I found that a lot had changed (not a simple upgrade). Which means more work and I will need significantly more time - mostly 3rd party things the I wouldn't want to re-write myself!

As for layer next in simkeys, I'll try and have a look
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Code: Select all

I had to write it earlier, but I was too lazy :oops: could you Phil make that when we choose {layer:next} and we are already on last layer it takes us back to the first one. By last layer I mean last set, so if for ex. there are 3 set layers in sum, then 3rd one is last). I know they work so when I choose 'Layer (next)' from the dropdown list, but they don't when I write {layer:next} in simulated keystrokes. I think XMBC could check is the last layer the last one of my set of layers and if so then switch to the first one (if not disable, then another one available). I'm asking about because I use {layer:next} with other part of code, and that would be bad idea to choose {layer:1} as some button simply I use to move between layers. It could be same with {layer:previous}.
I thought that is what it did, so I'm confused - can you try and explain a little more - perhaps with a real example simkey sequence?
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

1) XMBC -> Settings -> Number of Layers: 3
2) back to main window of XMBC
3) Layer 3, Middle Button (Default) in simkeys
4) Enter the custom keys(s): {layer:next}
5) Okey, Apply, Close

When I'm now on 3rd layer (when 3rd is the last one) it doesn't take me to the 1st layer. I'd like it didn't work the way like it does when you instead of simulated keystrokes chose from dropdownlist: layer(next). The difference is that when you choose that from dropdownlist then layer (next) is bound to all layers of that button you chose. And it doesn't so, there's fortunately that diefference. But what exactly I mean:

My intention is only to let it stay on the button that was choosen and set by simkeys. It is so now, but it doesn't work in case I want to switch layers from last one (3rd here) to just one available (or enabled), next one, so first one, or first next which isn't disabled.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK that is how it should work... If on layer 3 (of 3) and you say {layer:next} it should go to layer 1 (if not disabled in layernext/previous command).

Simply that's what the code says it should do too - but clearly its not working :)

Will fix it.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.15 Beta 13.

If you have check for beta versions enabled, you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.15 Beta 12:
  • #457 - Add button name to the button chording window title.
  • #456 - {layer:next} does not wrap as it should.
  • #455 - Re-positioned OK & Cancel buttons on chording dialog.
There are no updated translations in the template file for 2.15 Beta 13.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).
NOTE: I'm Back to work next week so the updates will slow down a bit again!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Well now the chording is perfect 8)

Let's see what Kukurykus will say about the looping of {layer:next/previous} commands :)
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

I noticed next/previous bug in simkayes when I wanted to set some layer to be same like other one (you can choose it from dropdownlist of commands). I was unhappy I have to copy everything only becuase {layer:next} didn't le me be back to layer one, where {layer:next} worked fine. I had to do workaround and choose one of three things just for one button (while all others were the same like in layer one). So that was either {layer:1} or {layer:previous} or else {layer:last}. Now this problem is gone :D this is what I was supposed to to say (Injtsvetkov :D).

I had no time today to test new updates, but I found a bug you can notice just once! After I updated XMBC of 2.13 at home and I went to chording then dealy time was set to some enormous number! even when I didn't do anything with un/ticking block / delay boxes it didn't let me to leave before I entered some value between 0 - 2000. And it's okey, but 0 or max 2000 should be set by default. Now problem is gone, but when I updated today at work 2.11 to 2.13 I experienced the same issue, so I think that should be fixed. If someone wants to notice it again he had to reinstall his XMBC or something like it.

Just an idea regarding icon of XMBC when disabled layer is choosen. Shouldn't it be then grey, or be with grey cross on it what had to mean certain layer (that is on at the moment) is deisabled?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Kukurykus wrote:Now this problem is gone :D this is what I was supposed to to say (Injtsvetkov :D)
Exactly :)
I had the same problem with {layer:next/previous} but BriHecato suggested using {layer:<n>} and I did it, so my problem went away then.
Glad to hear that {layer:next/previous} is working like it should now :!:
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Regarding layer next/prev.... I also added {layer:back} because prev goes to the last active layer rather than the previous layer. {layer:back} is the opposite of {layer:next} - ie. cycle backwards. I don't know if its required but it did no harm to add it.
Kukurykus wrote:I had no time today to test new updates, but I found a bug you can notice just once! After I updated XMBC of 2.13 at home and I went to chording then dealy time was set to some enormous number! even when I didn't do anything with un/ticking block / delay boxes it didn't let me to leave before I entered some value between 0 - 2000. And it's okey, but 0 or max 2000 should be set by default. Now problem is gone, but when I updated today at work 2.11 to 2.13 I experienced the same issue, so I think that should be fixed. If someone wants to notice it again he had to reinstall his XMBC or something like it.
OK Yes I get that - uninitialized variable probably - will fix.
Just an idea regarding icon of XMBC when disabled layer is chosen. Shouldn't it be then grey, or be with grey cross on it what had to mean certain layer (that is on at the moment) is disabled?
No that wont work, because the layer itself is not disabled, its just that the layer next/prev/back wont go to it - ie they skip over it? XMBC still functions and the layer's buttons configuration still apply.
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Hmmm I thought that {layer:previous} is opposite to {layer:next}. Now I'm confused with that {layer:back} you say (I didn't check it yet) works as so far {layer:previous} what was logical to me. You didn't mention there is also {layer:last} what function was to go back to last active layer. Anyway before this (or previous) update that was like:

{layer:next} - next layer
{layer:previous} - previous layer
{layer:last} - last active layer
{layer:back} - undefined yet

and now if I got you it's:

{layer:next} - next layer
{layer:back} - previous layer
{layer:last} - last active layer
{layer:previous} - last active layer too

Proabbly I'm wrong because it seems unbelivable :D And I don't understand why to duplicate {layer:last} to {layer:previous} which before was opposite to {layer:next} and now acts like {layer:back}, while current {layer:previous} is old {layer:last} (which I guess was kept too).

Injtsvetkov correct me please if you see it other way before Phil get angry at me :P

I think whatever version is it'd be good to add it to instructions of simkeys. There is nothing about layers.
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK, Last and Previous are exactly the same thing (it has always been that way!)

So you had:
  • {layer:last} or {layer:prev} = Switch to the last active layer
  • {layer:next} = Switch (forward) to the next layer in sequence
Now you have::
  • {layer:last} or {layer:prev} = Switch to the last used layer
  • {layer:next} = Switch (forward) to the next layer in sequence
  • {layer:back} = Switch (back) to the previous layer in sequence.
Really, prev and last should not be the same - last should be the last active layer (as it is) and prev should be the previous layer (i.e. one back from the current layer). But thats not how it worked and I didn't want to change existing behavior. So now you have all options needed, even if the language/name is a little confusing!

There are no instructions about layers in simkeys because I was not 100% confident in it. I guess that is less of an issue now - it seems to work quite well, so I could put the text in there... The only issue is the effort of others making the translations - so I might just leave that till the next version :)
--[ Phil ]--
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Still I don't udnerstand one thing. I believe {layer:previous} was opposite to {layer:next} always, at least I used it so from last 2,5 years and it worked :/ I remember day when someone asked you to add {layer:last} because there was lack of last active layer. Well if {layer:previos} worked as last active layer (and then wasn't real {layer:previous} so going backward), why did you fulfill that person request and added (doubled {layer:previous}) {layer:last} if that was already exsiting under the name of {layer:prev}. I read this froum from 2,5 year (however I started posting just half a year ago) and use XMBC from over 2 years and I remember that question of that guy, and never had problem with {layer:prev} that it worked other way that I read now it does loll Anyway too bad about that confusion that {layer:prev} won't take us backward (this is logical), but it will be done by {layer:back} what in my opnion expresses the same what {layer:last}. I just undertsand that if it is from long time people who set {layer:prev} in their codes will be sad something doesn't work. But maybe it's good to inform on forums (making annoucement) about change with next full ALPHA and make {layer:prev} opposite to {layer:next} while {layer:last} and {layer:back} (if needed) will be last active layer?
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Well to be honest, I got a little confused too, but as I think of it now, there appears to be one more variable (or maybe two :P)...

Example:
'Layer 1' is currently active. I use hotkey to activate 'Layer 3'. Then I use hotkey to activate 'Layer 5'. Now if I want to go back to 'Layer 3' - I will use {layer:previous}, then if I use {layer:previous} again I suppose it will activate 'Layer 5' again, but what if I want to go back to 'Layer 1', e.g. if I want to use the following sequence: L1 -> L3 -> L5 -> L3 -> L1 -> L3 -> L5

So in a perfect world, there would be:
2 commands for cycling forward and backward (looping of course), regardless the previously active layer
2 commands for cycling forward and backward between the previously active layers (the above example)
1 command for looping between the last 2 active layers (e.g. L1 -> L3 -> L1 -> L3 ...)
and maybe 1 command for activating the last available layer (e.g. if you set max layers to 7 - it would activate L7, and if you change max layers to 8 - it would activate L8)

... or maybe leaving it just the way it is now is good enough :lol:
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I looked through the code. {layer:last} has been there for some time.
{layer:prev} and {layer:next} were added in 2.15 beta 1 and {layer:prev} is exactly the same as {layer:last} since I added it!!!

So {layer:last} and {layer:previous} have always been exactly the same (since they were introduced in 2.15 beta 1).

I don't mind changing it (as it was only added in 2.15 beta anyway its not a big deal but the change would be to separate {last} and {previous} so that last = the last active layer (same as now) and {previous} = go back one layer (instead of {layer:back} that I added yesterday).

There is no history, to being able to go back/forward more that one step is not possible right now. It only remembers the last active layer, so its not possible to go {last} more than one step if that makes sense.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--