Need Help with XMB

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
jasonjl
New User

Need Help with XMB

Post by jasonjl »

I just recently purchased a 5button mouse from A4Tech and I am having trouble getting XMB to work with it.

The mosue is the A4Tech WOP-49Z found here: http://www.a4tech.com/ennew/product.asp ... d=8&id=158

It has 5 buttons and 2 scroll wheels, the 2 side buttons are set to Back and Forward and do function in FireFox/IE. I'm using A4Techs latest drivers for the mouse, A4Tech iWheelZoom Mouse Driver 7.80.0.4. The main problem I have with XMB is the settings just won't work. I set all the buttons to the original settings on the A4 Tech Config Panel, then when I change buttons 4 and 5 to Simulated KeyPresses, they still only function as back and forward. Also, I have tried to use the application based setting sand tested out XMB settings in certain games and it still does not function. I have even tried to remap Left Mouse Button and Right Mouse Button in XMB (thinking maybe it was just the generic mouse drivers for buttons 4 and 5 that didn't work proeprly) even changing settings on the LMB and RMB the XMB settigns do not go through the mouse still only functions on its default settings on the A4Tech Config Panel. I'm assuming this mouse/drive is just not supported by XMB? Any help is apreciated.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Need Help with XMB

Post by phil »

Unfortunately I think you are correct in your assumption that XMBC is not compatible with this mouse's drivers. I think that the mouse drivers specifically (A4Tech Config Panel) probably handle the mouse before XMBC can get at it (which makes sense because XMBC is a user level app and the mouse drivers will get in before it).

I'm afraid I think this is the "first" mouse that we can officially say is not compatible with the standard drivers. So unfortunately I don't think you can use XMBC with this.
Sorry about that.

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
jasonjl
New User

Post by jasonjl »

I see, well do you know of any generic 5 button mouse drivers I could try? I was thinking maybe I might load up a microsoft 5button intelli driver. If I could get a driver that would actually work on this mouse in which XMB supports then it would work out. I have tried SetPoint, but that doesn't recognize the mouse it seems. I may have the same trouble with the Intelli software.

Either way, thanks for the help, Phil.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

If you remove your mouse drivers full stop then Windows should use the generic mouse driver and that supports 5 buttons (assuming your on XP or later). I don't bother installing mouse drivers these days, I just use XMBC and the MS generic mouse driver.

I presume you can remove the driver either by uninstalling the mouse software/driver package OR going to device manager and selecting the generic driver for the mouse.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
jasonjl
New User

Post by jasonjl »

Worked like a charm! lol

I removed the A4Tech drivers and just used the default Windows XP drivers, now XMB works great, even in games/programs. Thanks for all the help. :D