bug: rclick to x-mouse tray-icon

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
realname
New User

bug: rclick to x-mouse tray-icon

Post by realname »

i have redefined right button to esc for concrete application A
application is actual one, all works perfect way
just now i want show context menu of x-button so i right-click to it's tray-icon
-> application A receives esc (sometimes i rclick more times till i will understand again there is this bug)
(system: vista32, application A: lotus notes)
phil
Site Admin

Re: bug: rclick to x-mouse tray-icon

Post by phil »

If application A has input (mouse) focus, then right clicking the mouse, anywhere, will cause application a's configuration to be applied - thus pressing esc.

This is by design. I'm not sure how I can change it so that it detects the mouse is not within application a) and even if that is what most people would want.

The simple solution is to click outside of application A) first to restore focus to something else (like the desktop). That will default to the default configuration. Maybe I can modify the code to detect clicks on the system tray and handle them as default - but I cant promise anything.

Thanks for reporting this anyway.
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
realname
New User

Post by realname »

also is disturbing when i have more programs started (imagine non-overlapping windows), prg 1 has focus, i move mouse over prg2 and do click - action for prg1 happens
= you must change focus to prg2 first (click to bar or alt-tab) what is unnatural for me
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

But that is generally how windows works is it not. The application is given mouse focus by clicking in the window or on the task bar or using alt-tab.

There was a program I think it may actually have been "X-Mouse" (but not mine lol) which gave focus to the application under the mouse cursor. I believe TweakUI from Microsoft also did this. Its basically like how the mouse activation works in X Windows (*nix). Personally I never got along with that sort of mouse activation system.

If you find a way of enabling that then activation will follow the mouse cursor - and XMBC will then work because the active app will be the one under the cursor. But if anything this is a windows issue not an XMouse issue, unless you are asking for a new feature to add this "activation follows mouse" option - which may be a "simple" registry setting - I'm not sure.

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
realname
New User

Post by realname »

do not want to activate
prefer (if problematic than like a option can switch off) send message depending on window under mouse cursor = not focused
in fact just in case when message to send is simulated mouse action = simulated keyboard messages always to focused window (right?)
realname
New User

Post by realname »

i want to say: it will keep standard windows behaviour, i think
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes simulated key strokes will always go to the active window - as if you pressed the keyboard.
The problem is that most simulated mouse actions are also sent in the same way behind the scenes... So it simple may not be possible to force them to another application. I will have a look into it next time I'm working on XMouse (I don't know when that will be though so no promises).

Phil
--[ Phil ]--