What mice work with XMBC?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Jason
New User

Re: What mice work with XMBC?

Post by Jason »

phil wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:25 am
Jason wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:33 pm Hello
Razer Orochi V2 Mobile Wireless
below the scroll wheel button
corresponds to XMBC which option of The button ?
thank
This is not the topic to ask such questions really but i will try and answer (without any knowledge of the mouse itself).
Many mice these days have a button under the scroll wheel that adjusts the DPI/resolution of the mouse. This button is hardware related to the mouse itself and does not send anything to the OS, just adjusts the sensitivity of the onboard mouse sensor. As such, no mouse messages get to Windows and XMBC can not see them. So XMBC can not configure such buttons,

I am not familiar with this specific mouse, but I suspect this is the case here.
Thank you for your enthusiastic answer
i understand

Also
One problem with WIN10 is that after adjusting the Scale and Layout, the Sensitivity of the mouse will also be affected

keyword query
Mouse sensitivity issue with display scaled monitor after windows 10 1709 update

I found that many people don't know the reason
They always feel that their mouse becomes very sensitive when using WIN10

Is there a way for XMBC to prevent this problem from happening?
thanks

in addition
I recently bought a G502 X LIGHTSPEED
Works perfectly with XMBC
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

You clearly don't understand :roll:
Please read and follow the rules. You should create your own topic/thread for questions you have (although I'm not sure I know the answer but that's not the point!). Other than your addition (which is fine!), this has absolutely NOTHING to do with "What mice that work with XMBC?"
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Naftaturbo
New User

Post by Naftaturbo »

I've been using XMBC for at least 5 years now, the whole time with my favorite "mouse" of all time: Logitech Trackman Marble FX (Model: T-CJ12, P/N: 804251-0000). It has the very old style PS-2 connector so I use an adapter (USBPS2PC made by StarTech). I've tried other adapters, some work, others don't; I'm not clever enough to understand why that is.
The Trackman Marble FX has 4 buttons and (of course) a ball (or marble). The left and right buttons work as normal left/right on a standard mouse. The "middle' (red) button which is intended to allow scrolling up/down & right/left does NOT work. I've been able to "work around" by setting XMBC so holding the 'top' button (1st) and the 'right' button together causes a red '+' to appear onscreen at which point I can use the ball to scroll up/down.
If anyone has suggestions for getting the 'middle' (red) button to work I'd love to try them.
Phil: is the Stag Saloon still alive & well?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I suspect the red button is not sending anything through to Windows (maybe as a result of the PS2/USB adapter) I wonder if it sent anything when plugged into a proper PS2 socket?!

XMBC debug log will show it is sees anything at all on the mouse message queue (I suspect not) but its always worth turning on debug logging, pressing the button a few times and disabling debug logging - just to see if there is anything in there.

The stag saloon, yes still going strong AFAIK... My friend now has another one - this time a stag estate, one of the same breed of not quite factory but factory employees custom build/fun projects. 6 or 8 were made I think, 3 still exist, he has two of them and his friend has the third. I'll be running it around GB again in 24hrs in October (not sure which we will be using yet - maybe both between more of us!).

PS This was not really the thread for this post! It is supposed to be a list of mice that work with XMBC, not a place for questions about setup, usage or cars :lol:
--[ Phil ]--
Naftaturbo
New User

Post by Naftaturbo »

"This was not really the thread for this post! "
Sorry about that. I really was trying to add the Logitech Trackman Marble FX as another mouse that mostly works with XMBC. I didn't see it listed in the posting that has the long list, but I didn't know how to add it to that list; so I thought writing a post mentioning it would get it added. I couldn't help throwing in the question about the Stag as I attended a Coffee & Cars event over the weekend and saw a Stag that was about 80% restored and immediately thought of your saloon and your round-GB adventures. cheers,,,
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

For anyone with a Logi(tech) M650 mouse, you may have problems with button 4 and 5.
This mouse is an odd one, where holding button 4 or 5 by default make the scroll wheel scroll horizontally. That seems to be built in to the mouse (without any software running). This causes XMBC to NOT SEE buttons 4 and 5 AT ALL.

There is a solution (of sorts). Install Logi Options+ and change the mouse settings:
In "Buttons", buttons 4 and 5 should be Back and Forward (or Forward and Back lol)
In "Point and Scroll", turn OFF horizontal scrolling on button 4 and 5.
See here: viewtopic.php?p=23877#p23877

XMBC will then see button 4 and 5 as normal buttons. There is no way for that to work WITH the funky default horizontal scroll enabled. And it seems you have to keep Logi Options+ installed (and maybe running) which is a PITA. I'd recommend avoiding this mouse (and any that work the same way!)
--[ Phil ]--
rodsanchezdu
New User

Post by rodsanchezdu »

This solution also works with the Logitech mouse: LIFT
I think some users with Logi option + could be experiment the same problem
Emogrimes
New User

Post by Emogrimes »

Today, the copy/paste function of my mouse (Tecknet UM013) suddenly stopped working, prompting me to seek a solution here. One post suggested enabling logging to diagnose the issue. Surprisingly, after doing so, the problem was resolved without any further action. How strange!

Nevertheless, I want to highly recommend this mouse. Its performance has been excellent. Of course, it wouldn't be as valuable without your fantastic software, so a HUGE thanks to you!
proufo
New User

Post by proufo »

This works perfectly:

TMKB Falcon M1SE Ultralight Honeycomb Gaming Mouse, High-Precision 12800DPI Optical Sensor, 6 Programmable Buttons, Customizable RGB, Drag-Free Paracord, Ergonomic Wired Gaming Mouse - Matte Black

Available on Amazon.