Feature request : swap any mouse button

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
sangorys
New User

Feature request : swap any mouse button

Post by sangorys »

Hello,

I have this wonderful SW which replaces my manufacturing software. My issue is that I want to swap the middle button with the right button on my strange mouse. I know that there is swap options but only to swap button 4 and 5.

So my request is to be able to swap any button.

Thanks to the brilliant developer to implement this feature and thanks for providing this software :)
XpanD
New User

Re: Feature request : swap any mouse button

Post by XpanD »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but can't you set the middle mouse button to "Right Click" and the right mouse button to "Middle Click" already in the main setup pane?

Like this: http://www.ugstunt.com/23swap.png
sangorys
New User

Post by sangorys »

Indeed XpanD,

but I met this issue :
o I have assigned a shortkey for right button = ctrl-F4 (close tab)
o I have redirect middle button to right button

When I click on middle button, the sw simulate a right button and send the shortkey ctrl-F4 and open the right button menu. That means, 2 actions are done. This is not the target.

My target is that my middle button
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well that sounds like a bug to me. What version of XMBC are you using?

If you set the right button the action X, and then another button, say middle, to send the right button message, pressing the middle button should NOT also send action X.

Can you post me some debug log perhaps? Then I will have a look at it.

Certainly, the "swap" button feature should not be needed. The swap 4th and 5th was simply because some mice (logitech) physically had the buttons round a different way from other manufacturers (MS) it just got confusing. You could equally have just changed your configuration, but then you couldn't export and use that configuration on mice with reversed 4th and 5th buttons.This does not apply to other buttons generally.
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
sangorys
New User

Post by sangorys »

Thanks Phil for your answer.

I will send you the debug log (if I succeed in finding them :) ) and also the XMBC when I am on my work computer (I use Linux at home, XMBC at work).

For information, my mouse is Evoluant Vertical Mouse (go to Evoluent site to understand the issue). With this mouse the right button has been moved on the "ring finger" and the middle button on the "major finger". It is not obvious to right click with other finger than the "major finger". That is why I exchange these buttons on this mouse.

Sorry for my average English because I am French

Thanks for your help
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Quick access to the log file folder (and settings folder) hold CTRL and left click the XMBC icon in the system tray. You can turn on debug logging in the advanced settings window (debug logging will stay on until you turn it off or restart XMBC).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)