Turkish Character Problem

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
forshire
New User

Turkish Character Problem

Post by forshire »

I have used this program since 2010, and have had no problems in the past on the windows 7 32bit.
Now I have windows 7 64 bit and problem with the Turkish characters as simulated keys.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2153/e0l0.jpg

Thanks for the help.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Turkish Character Problem

Post by phil »

Thanks for the screenshot, but as I'm not an expert on Turkish, it does not really tell me what the problem is - I presume something about the display of the character? Is it just a display problem or does the wrong/invalid key get sent too?

Are you using the SAME version in x64 Windows as in x86 windows or did you change versions.
Did you have different languages installed in the different versions?

As per the forums posting rules, can you please give me some more of the requested information, at least what version of XMBC you are using? Its kind of important!!! :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
forshire
New User

Post by forshire »

I have this problem on the version 2.4 and 2.5 (in the past i had 2.4 without problem)

Let me try to explain better. I want to use "ö" as simulated key. This "ö" is a letter in turkish language. But as you can see in the picture it doesnt shows as "ö" in the XMBC, it shows something else like corrupted characters.

I hope you understand me now :angel:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK thanks, but although it shows up as a corrupt character, does the "ö" get sent when you press the button or does it actually come out the other end in the same corrupt way? I'm guessing that is also corrupt but I do need to check :)

Can you possibly try the 2.6 beta because quite a lot of effort went in to fixing little multilingual things like this already and if I have already fixed it it would save quite some time trying to setup a Turkish environment to test it under :) The link can be found in the sticky 2.6 beta post here

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
forshire
New User

Post by forshire »

phil wrote:OK thanks, but although it shows up as a corrupt character, does the "ö" get sent when you press the button or does it actually come out the other end in the same corrupt way? I'm guessing that is also corrupt but I do need to check :)
Nope it doesnt sent "ö" when i press.
phil wrote:Can you possibly try the 2.6 beta because quite a lot of effort went in to fixing little multilingual things like this already and if I have already fixed it it would save quite some time trying to setup a Turkish environment to test it under :) The link can be found in the sticky 2.6 beta post here
Thanks,
Phil
I have installed 2.6 beta but didnt help me out. i had problem even with the english letters in 2.6 beta, so i had to reinstall 2.4 again. Now when i press "h" it works, but when i press "ö" nothing works, same as other Turkish characters. I have no idea what is wrong, it was okey one year ago when i had windows7 32 bit :/
forshire
New User

Post by forshire »

Well yes it wasnt send "ö" when its pressed. Anyways i have tested this on 2.6 beta 2.5 and 2.4, same problem at all versions.

But i have found a solution. This problem happens to me only "Default" profile. if i do create a custom profile (for example a game profile) its working well.

Thanks for your time.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks for that information, it ill help me debug it - because there *should* be no difference between the default and custom profiles, but the code does write the settings in a different bit of code I think - so its probably corrupting it as it writes the key out (or reads it in). I will try and fix it in the next beta build.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
forshire
New User

Post by forshire »

I will test your next beta :angel:
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK I would like you to test 2.6 beta 7 now, it should fix the problem.
I'm just building it and it will soon be in the beta forum post.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--