Hotkey simulation problem

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Roger Fink
New User

Hotkey simulation problem

Post by Roger Fink »

I'm running X-mouse 2.5 on Win7-32, and I'm using a five button wired Intellimouse Optical. Including the default, the program is set up for six applications. The first five are problem free, but the 6th is presenting a problem.

I want to be able to run full-screen slide shows in Xnview off of the fourth and fifth buttons. The only way I've found to do this is via hotkey simulation. In slide show mode, using the keyboard, Page Down will move the slideshow forward one image at a time, and Page Up will move the slideshow backward one image at a time. But when attempting this through X-mouse simulation, the slideshow can only progress in one direction, and that is forward. The 5th button does exactly what the 4th button does, even though it's set-up to make things go backwards.

Can anyone kindly suggest a workaround for this?
Roger Fink
New User

Re: Hotkey simulation problem

Post by Roger Fink »

A follow-up/correction to this post. The options in xnview allow you to select the left and right clicks (1st and 2nd buttons) to advance/regress the slide show, but I'd like to repurpose these buttons.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Hotkey simulation problem

Post by phil »

Hi Roger,

I'm not sure why it would not work, I will have to have a look - is this Xnview free (from where)? If so, I can try running it and see what I can find. (not tonight though - too late now!)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)