Mad Catz RAT 7 (R.A.T.7)

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
ggb667
New User

Mad Catz RAT 7 (R.A.T.7)

Post by ggb667 »

I am having to run your program and their driver as well to make things work, but would very much like it if I did not need to run my manufacturer's software.

Smart Technology reports that it's driver is running Software 7.0.27.13 Driver 7.0.27.0.
The mouse in question (a Mad Catz RAT 7) has a side wheel. I can control it through their supplied software, mapping it to say left and right. Your software does not recognize the side wheel. :(. So I have to use both.

The RAT 7 does not have support for mapping the button below the center scroll wheel to anything that I can determine. In fact I don't know what it's for. There is also a "mode" button that changes from red to blue to purple. It also does not appear to be mappable. Neither one is recognized by your software. Or by their software either as far as I know (well the mode button is - by them - sort of, but it's not mappable).

The resolution of the mouse can be set in the RAT7 software, and I have done so, but I am not clear on what setting sensitivity does in your software, or if it interacts with the precision aiming functionality (which I am not using).

In brief I have mapped the precision button to q, the forward button to w the back button to e and the scroll wheel button to r, the left and right side scroll wheel to left and right (of course), and in your software, the up and down scroll wheel to up and down.

So the missing desired functionality is programmability for the side scroll wheel, the button under the center scroll wheel and the mode button.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Mad Catz RAT 7 (R.A.T.7)

Post by phil »

As the FAQ says, XMBC can only remap the standard windows mouse messages, which only provide up to 5 buttons and one scroll/tilt wheel).

Of course, windows messages rely on the device (or device's driver) sending the standard messages so that XMBC can remap them.

There is nothing that can be done about that in XMBC I'm afraid, so you will probably continue to have to use a combination, or persuade the manufacturer to allow the sort of this you want to do without requiring XMBC :)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)