Double action mouse wheel

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Mediaboys

Double action mouse wheel

Post by Mediaboys »

Hello
I'd like to use my mouse wheel to adjust the sound and also the scrolling text, can you tell me how to use both my mouse wheel to increase or decrease the sound and pushing a button on the and use the mouse wheel to a défilement.thank you
phil
Site Admin

Re: Double action mouse wheel

Post by phil »

Perhaps you can use layers to do this, setup layer 1 to do the action without any "modifier button" and layer 2 to do another action. Then you can either set a mouse button to switch layers (while held) or you can use a key on the keyboard using the layer modifier keys in the setup tabs).

Or you could use application profiles so if the mouse is over the taskbar (or system tray) it will change the volume when you scroll, or if its somewhere else it will do something else (thats what I do)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Mediaboys

Post by Mediaboys »

Ok thank you very much I test it all.

I do not understand the message and what exactly is "Application profiles"

Or you could use application profiles so if the mouse is over the taskbar (or system tray) it will change the volume when you scroll, or if its somewhere else it will do something else (thats what I do)
Mediaboys

Post by Mediaboys »

how to use the "Application profiles"? thank you
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Urm, if its not obvious and the manual does not help I dont know if I can help much more. Depending what you want to do, it can be quite complex, so if you could describe what you want, maybe I can help more.

Generally, add a profile using the Add button, select the application (it must be running) from the list and press OK. If you want to be more specific, and select a particular window (like the system tray thing I mentioned) then hit the specific window button.

When adding a specific window, a dialog will appear with a cross hair (target) button, simply drag that cross hair to the window you want and release the left mouse button while hovering over said window. While dragging, the window should be highlighted (a black rectangle is draw around it). You can manually type in the window class etc. also if you know how to find out those things.

Once your app/window profile is added, you can customise the buttons for it.

If you need more help, let me know exactly what you want and I can try and make a profile for you to import.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Mediaboys

Post by Mediaboys »

Thank you for your response the mouse pointer on the "taskbar" is ok for me. How you done for you personally?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

There are examples that you can import here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=898

The volume over the system tray is the first example. Just click the link and it should download and import into XMBC.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Mediaboys

Post by Mediaboys »

I installed "Hover over tray.xmbcs system" but it does not work for me for against "Hover over bar.xmbcs task" work, I'm Windows 7 / 64bit
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well I don't know what else to say,

I haven't really got time now (I'm at work!) to take you through every step again in detail.
What is not working? Is the profile in the settings window list (did it IMPORT ok)?. In that list, does it highlight the profile when you move the mouse over the tray (like it should highlight the taskbar one when you move it over the task bar)?

Its working for me here but Im Win8 x64 these days (although there should be no difference for that profile).

Have you tried creating your own profile using the instructions I gave you above?

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Mediaboys

Post by Mediaboys »

I installed "over hover systems tray" that you gave me. I finally got it to work, you must first click on the task bar and then put the mouse pointer on the systems tray. What I have wanted is to get the same resulting output by putting only the mouse pointer on the taskbar is that possible?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I don't know what's going on, I don't have to click anything here for it to work,
Ahhh - have you go the "change profile on mouse move" turned on in advanced settings? If not that will be why. Try turning that on and see how that goes.

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
Mediaboys

Post by Mediaboys »

Ok I work ca change in the Advanced options. Is that it is possible to obtain the same result by passing the mouse pointer over the taskbar?
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

sorry I'm not quite sure what you are asking...
If you turn "Enable profile switching on mouse move" then you do not have to click on things for the profile to become active, just move the mouse over them.
--[ Phil ]--
Mediaboys

Post by Mediaboys »

Ok ... Now when I pass the mouse pointer on the "system tray" it's ok it works correctly. What I mean is that it also works when I pass the mouse pointer on the "task bar"
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Ahh you mean change the volumne when over the task bar- yes that is possible but I dont have a profile to hand that does it. Try and figure out how to do it your self using the Add button, the specific window, then drag the target to the task bar. Add that as a profile and set the scroll wheel to change the volume.

:)
--[ Phil ]--