Down Key Shifting Focus - Win XP

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
Tatoosh
New User

Down Key Shifting Focus - Win XP

Post by Tatoosh »

Hello, I have a problem with XMouse shifting focus of the down key when the down key is pressed. The down arrow key has no assigned task currently when XMouse is running.

XMouse 2.5
Windows XP with all updates
Mouse A4 Tech - 2 button w/scroll wheel
AutoHotKey is on board but not operational - does not start at start up

I have only two profiles - 1)Default and 2)Chrome/Battle Pirates (a FB game). XMouse starts up automatically when the computer comes on. Whenever the down arrow is pressed, regardless of program I am in, the down arrow causes the focus to shift from the application window to the Windows Taskbar. The down arrow changes the XMouse display as though I had sent a number 2 key press.

If I select the "Disable X-Mouse Control" option, the down button no longer shifts the focus away from the application, but the down arrow seems non-functional. For the down arrow to behave correctly, I have to exit XMouse completely.

The Chrome/Battle Pirates Profile uses 4 layers, tied to the 0, 1, 2, and 3 keys respectively. All the layers are key stroke simulators, none using the down arrow as a simulation.

Any ideas what is causing this odd behavior?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Down Key Shifting Focus - Win XP

Post by phil »

Not really got any ideas... Have you got layer modifer or global hotkeys emabled?
XMBC does not generally do anything to the keyboard, except for the above noted exceptions, so Im finding this one a little confusing.

EDIT: I see your using layers - so if enabled, can you try disabling the layer modifiers/global hotkeys and see if it fixes the down arrow issue.

Have you tried enabling debug logging? A snippet here may help see if anything strange is happening.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Tatoosh
New User

Post by Tatoosh »

I followed your advice and tried a couple of different things. Turning off (un-checking) the Global Hot Keys in setting restores normal function to the down arrow. However, doing that removes functionality of X-Mouse when playing, so I need to turn Global Hot Keys on when I start the game and off when I quit. Not the most convenient thing.

I had been hoping that the function of individual Profiles would allow recognition by X-Mouse of what program had focus and that profile would become active automatically. I ran the debugger, but am not conversant enough with your application to sort out the clues in it.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I was hoping for some debug log here or via PM :)

Its interesting the it appears to be linked to global hotkeys - that might be very helpful when trying to debug it locally. Can you please describe your global hotkey configuration, what key combos do you have assigned to each layer? I'm away this weekend but when I do look at it, this information, and maybe the debug log will be helpful.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)