XMBC 2.14 Beta

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMBC 2.14 Beta

Post by phil »

Yes I have noticed that - I don't know why its not working - I must have got something wrong in 2.14 beta 2. Although I did realist my DNS servers were broken (XMBC uses DNS for version checks) but I have fixed that and its still not working.

For now I suggest you download 2.14 beta 3 from the thread directly!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Update: I have put the wrong version numbers into the 2.14 beta versions so the update check does not recognize a new version is available - DOH!

I will fix this in 2.14 Beta 4, but until you have that one (whenever I release it) you will have to download the beta from this thread.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

That's OK, but that means that the problem is still present in 2.14 beta 3 so we all have to download the full 2.14 beta 4 right?

I was wondering whether the 'Check for update...' option from the RMB menu of the system tray icon also checks for beta versions when 'Check for beta versions' is enabled, or it is only for final versions?

Than you!
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Yes the problem is in 2.14 beta 3 too - so yes, will have to download through this thread :( sorry about that :).
Yes the check for updates does check for beta versions as well if enabled (when it works!!!)
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Here is an idea about the todo list (if it's not already there :)). Similar to the 'Hover over the system tray' feature but instead of hovering over a particular window, just hover over an area predefined by coordinates no matter what is actually there on the display. In that case probably one should make a separate profile for each predefined area which is a bit of a downside if you need more than one areas for the same application or the same area for different applications, which reminds me to ask a question that arose a while ago. Is it currently possible to make one profile for several applications (like the default one) and if not, is it doable or there are some limitations that can't be overridden?

Thanks!
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Urm, well the regions is sort of on the todo list already - although I hadn't though of the globally (not attached to an existing profile)... Its certainly not a bad idea :)

And as for one profile for multiple applications, its not currently possible and to implement such would mean quite a big internal change to how the profiles are held - not saying its not possible, but the amount of changes are likely to push it down the list to the more difficult/less likely to do category :(
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Well your answer just led me to an even better idea :D

Instead of multiple apps in single profile, it would be much better/simpler to stay like it is now. The 'Copy option' is already there so it is easy to make same profiles for many apps. Just some kind of categorization (or maybe a multilevel tree structure so the categories could be also categorized) of the profile list would be more than enough so you can keep all different profiles for the same app (or all same profiles for different apps) under one category and that way to keep the list clean and tidy and easy to work with. Of course it would be good to have somewhat advanced move/copy option that would allow profiles to be moved/copied between different categories/layers, otherwise the only way would be to export profile from one category and import it to another. And another useful thing would be to be able to add comments to each profile name (like in excel - showing up when hover over the cell) coz with the increasing number of profiles it becomes more difficult to remember all little details about each profile which were in your mind when you crated it :)

On the other hand I see that the default profile currently can't be copied, but would it be a problem to make it possible to have several profiles like the default one (maybe a whole category 'default') and make them exclude each other (maybe with radio buttons) so only one of them to be active at a time. This would be a decent workaround for many apps in one profile even though it would be limited to only one at a time.

One more thing about profiles, can you implement an option to 'freeze' the profile on a chosen layer so it would stay always on that layer no mater what is the globally active layer?

I hope you don't get annoyed by all my suggestions :) Probably it looks like some spoiled kid eager to get everything it wants immediately, but it's just when I have one of those moments when the ideas start flooding my mind and I find a moment to write I just try to post them to the forum as fast as I can to be discussed/refined so I can ditch the bad ones sooner and concentrate on the good ones :)

Greetings!
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

I don't mind ideas - I get a little scared of the amount of work but that's nothing unusual :)
However, the major effort in XMBC is the GUI work - its all written in C++ so its a bit over-complicated compared to other more modern (and memory heavy) languages which is why a nice fancy grouped tree scares me the most haha :)

I'll stick it in the todo list but XMBC is a rather time limited hobby so I cant make any promises at this stage!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Well you've already made our lives easier with this great app, so I don't think you need to make any promises to anyone :)
For me it's easy to spit out all kinds of ideas since I don't know what it takes to implement them (maybe that's why they re so insightful :haha:), however the last thing I would like is to somehow make you feel obliged to rush things because of me.
As I see you are keeping a well organized todo list, which IMO is one of the most important things in this process (in a manner that it can save you tons of time and unnecessary work by allowing you to chose the right way and order for the new implementations), so just knowing that an idea is good enough for the todo list is more than enough :) and the least I could do is to give my feedback and try to make your work as easier as possible :). In fact if there is a way to help you with the GUI work or anything else please let me know, I'll be so happy to help :!:

In the meantime here are some thoughts that crossed my mind (I hope that they are not too silly :roll:):
- a few years ago I wanted to make some kind of tree structure in a website, so I thought that if I find some website with a decent tree structure and I open the page source in the browser than maybe I could copy the code of the structure and fit it into my site. Unfortunately I failed to find what I was looking for so I thought that probably it is not possible, but I am not sure - maybe I didn't know where to look for :|
- is it possible to copy such a structure from some kind of an open source application (if it is, than I can search for such an app with a decent tree structure)?
- isn't there some kind of software (some kind of compiler) which allows you to do what you need in some of those modern languages (or any other way) and then translate it to C++?

Greetings!
Iliya
HAMA Mirano
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.14 Beta 4

If you have check for beta versions enabled, there was a problem in earlier 2.14 betas which means you will have to update manually if you are on 2.14 beta 2 or 3. Otherwise you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.14 Beta 3:
  • #398 - Fixed issue with chrome desktop windows not scrolling as expected.
  • #394 - Fixed issue with the double click action not working when mouse buttons are swapped.
  • #391 - Modified XMBC icon with a circular red "glow" when debug logging is enabled.
There is a new language template included with some new translations for this beta.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
JTB3
Dedicated

Post by JTB3 »

B4 is totally awesome! Tested and Chrome app windows are back to normal scrolling. :D Thx Phil, -JT
System: Win10 Pro-x64 v1702+v1607, Intel i7-7700K (Z270) + i7-4771 (Z87)
Logitech M570 Wireless (5-Button) Trackball + M705 (5-Button) Marathon Mouse
[Bay Area, California]
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

As this is related to recent update I post a bug I found in this topic:

Windows 10 / Logitech M210 / XMBC v2.14 Beta 4

When I 'Enable DEBUG logging' red 'glow' icon doesn't appear untill I deactivate and activate XMBC, so alike in other order, when I uncheck 'Enable DEBUG logging' option in settings then I have to deactivate and activate XMBC to unload red 'glow' icon.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Thanks for that - it works nicely if you use hotkeys to toggle debug logging but you are right, if you enable debug logging in the GUI then the icon does not show as it should. I will fix that - I also noticed on my laptop that the icon looks weird/corrupt so I will look at that too (suspect its a DPI issue!)
--[ Phil ]--
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Here is 2.14 Beta 5

If you have check for beta versions enabled, there was a problem in earlier 2.14 betas which means you will have to update manually if you are on 2.14 beta 2 or 3. Otherwise you should get notified of a new version and prompted to update in the next day or so. This is the most efficient method (bandwidth wise) as the updates are only a fraction of the size of the full install. Otherwise, you can get the full installation beta HERE. Note that this link will always get you the latest beta version!

Changes since v2.14 Beta 4:
  • #401 - Add copy & swap layer options.
  • #400 - Copying profiles misses mouse chording options (and some other scrolling and navigation options)..
There is a new language template included with some new translations for this beta.

Any problems, PM me a copy of the log file (or post a snippet in a code block here).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Thank you!

Feedback coming soon :)

Greetings!
Iliya
HAMA Mirano