hover-scroll multiple Word 2003 windows

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
DavidP
New User

hover-scroll multiple Word 2003 windows

Post by DavidP »

Hi forum,

it seems that X-Mouse Button Control does not work correctly with multiple Word 2003 windows. It always scrolls the last active Word window, even when another Word window is hovered.

Is there a hack or workaround?

Thanks!
phil
Site Admin

Re: hover-scroll multiple Word 2003 windows

Post by phil »

Hi, sorry I don't think I can help on this one - all I can say is its working in Word 2010, 2013 and 2016 (I don't have 2003 anymore, it is 13 years old after all! (I thought still using 2010 was bad!!)

You may be able to get it going using the scrolling and navigation tab but without the ability to play around with it here, its rather difficult to make any usable suggestions. I would normally say maybe someone else can help, but in this case I would be surprised if there are many visitors here who use both XMBC and Word 2003!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
DavidP
New User

Post by DavidP »

Thanks Phil. Actually I'm on Windows 10 with triple 4K monitors, but for me still nothing beats Word 2003, the last truly great Word version :D

Anyway, looking forward to any other ideas anyone might have.

Cheers
David
injtsvetkov
Fanatic

Post by injtsvetkov »

Then you would be surprised to hear that I also still use MS Office 2003 (or maybe it's MS Office XP) and I even managed to find an add-on for automatically converting .doc to .docx and backwards so I am able to work with both file formats with Offise 2003 and I can proudly say that I will continue to use this old Office pack coz to me it's much more convenient, intuitive and adjustable than the newer versions in which everything is unnecessarily changed and it's quite a mess :)
HAMA Mirano
Windows 8.1 x64, Intel i5-3230M @ 2.60GHz, 4GB
DavidP
New User

Post by DavidP »

That's exactly true :)

While one would not believe that a once great (and easily configurable) software can be ruined even more than what happened to MS Office, one is taught otherwise by Adobe utterly ruining Acrobat by turning a tool for professionals into something obviously targeted at 4-years-olds 8)