Vivaldi Support

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
fasak
New User

Vivaldi Support

Post by fasak »

Some XMouse Button Control shortcuts not supporting on vivaldi browser. Can u fix this ?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Vivaldi Support

Post by phil »

It really depends what is not working and why so unless you can provide significantly more detail then your on your own I'm afraid. It would help also if you could provide the information set out in the posting rules!!

Ive never seen/heard of/used the Vivaldi browser (its a new one to me!). Is it freely available (yes I could google this but as you are asking me to look into it, I feel that its your responsibility to provide that information. Edit: OK so basically its a forked Opera?

Generally I'm happy to help where I can, but XMBC is a hobby and my free time is hugely limited at the moment - which means Ive not had a chance to look at any XMBC issues for the last 3 months or so. So I cant make any time promises if and when you can provide a suitable level of detail.

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
fasak
New User

Post by fasak »

Ok. Firstly thanx for your effort for XMBC. I really appreciate your good work. I am using it since 2 years. If I compare with setpoint its really lighter and more useful for me, sure.
I didn't read your "New Users & Posting Rules"topic, thats my fault. I have not enought english for a huge detail but will do my best.
Yes, Vivaldi on beta stage, and we can call it "folked opera browser". Browser include some old specifications from Opera v12.15.
My problem basicly about mouse shortcuts. I assigned browser refresh to middle button, middle click to tilt wheel left and double click to tilt wheel right. These are working perfectly on other browsers but not on Vivaldi. I also report it to vivaldi browser too.
I am using installed version of XMBC v2.12.1 on x64 windows 10 system. I have 4 cores cpu intel core i7 6700hq with turkish language keyboard and Logitech anywhere mx mouse. I like this browser. But I like XMBC too. Whether I will use this browser depends on this issue.
I hope u will keep your good and facilitator app. Thanx.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

OK those "shortcuts" are multimedia keys on keyboard - so maybe Vivaldi is not responding to those.
You might get more mileage (without involving Vivaldi) using "Simulated Keystrokes" where you can type in key sequences.

For example, I presume refresh can still be done by pressing F5
so in simulated keystrokes, type
{F5}
Send method 1 (default) should be OK

See if that works - if it does, we can try and use the simulated keystrokes for the other shortcuts too.

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
fasak
New User

Post by fasak »

Yes , thats a good idea. I tried it and working perfectly now. :D
Thank you very much for help. :cheers: