Mouse gestures?

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
reiba
New User

Mouse gestures?

Post by reiba »

Thank you very much for this great programme!!
I have a problem / question:
I use the programme "gest" for mouse gestures in Windows Explorer (http://www.sqoshsoft.co.uk/).
Unfortunately it does not correspond with XMouse Button Control.
When I change left and right Mouse Buttons, "Gest" does not realize, that "right" has changed to the left side of the mouse...
"Gest" does not work then.
My question: I it perhaps possible, to integrate mouse gestures in XMouse Control?
Perhaps it is possible to harmonize XMouse Control with Gest?
That would be perfect....
Thank you very much.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse gestures?

Post by phil »

Firstly I don't know how Gest works.
Gesture support is much requested but its a lot of work. possible completely re-writing XMBC and i just don't have the time right now what with work and other life commitments!

I do wonder why use XMBC to swap the left and right buttons when Windows has it built right in anyway? And that way would probably work with Gest. Also, does it make any difference which application starts first? I suspect Gest ignored injected mouse buttons (as swapping them in XMBC would introduce). XMBC ignores injected buttons also, but only if it was injected by (although its not 100% possible to determine that 100% reliably).

I will try and take a look at Gest when I get some time - I havn't seen it before!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
reiba
New User

Re: Mouse gestures?

Post by reiba »

Thank you for your answer!
Changing mouse buttons in Windows means, I can no longer make use of context menues (with "right" mouse button)!
So actually gest could / should some adaptations...
I thought, XMBC would solve "my" problems...
Thank you for your work and also the new version 2.11.
Basically I love XMBC because of the ability, to use mouse on top of an inactive window... that is great!