XMouse Button Control 1.42

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
phil
Site Admin

XMouse Button Control 1.42

Post by phil »

Hello all.

After all the effort and time spent on 1.41, I have quickly decided to add a few more features and fix another bug. So I have just made version 1.42 available.

I know its a bit quick since 1.41 (sorry about that) but I felt the fix of the actions with non-English keyboard layouts and the new configuration options were worth it.

For a full list of changes in 1.42 (and 1.41), see the change log

The downloads are at the usual location and mirror.

To make use of the portable mode, until I produce a new package, install and then copy the EXE and DLL files from the installation directory (\program files\highresolution enterprises\xmouse.....) to another "portable" folder like a USB key. You can then un-install if you wish.

At some point, I will make available a new downloadable package which has no installation.

NOTE: If you have problems installing 1.42 as an upgrade, please try removing the previous version first. Sometimes the installation can seem to take a long time with no progress. Please dont press cancel, it should finish eventually

Thanks
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Torrente

Re: XMouse Button Control 1.42

Post by Torrente »

Another great release. Thank you Phil !
Last three months you have been really busy, a lot of work.
For my needs, XMBC is now complete. But I'm curious what are your plans, how do you see XMBC in the future, as something more then button remapper or ... ?
I have some nice ideas which will make XMBC really popular, but they will need .NET gui and maybe they are hard to implement, especially throw gui.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Well there is an ever growing list of requests. Some of which I will get done eventually.

In no particular order
  • Mouse gestures - this has been on the list a long time, but its complexity is putting me off!
  • button combinations/key+button combinations (not as difficult as gestures but still problematic mostly in the GUI)
  • Controlling inactive windows, sending the messages to windows under the mouse cursor rather than the active window (for example scrolling with the wheel). I have concerns over performance with this one (checking for the window under the mouse all the time may be slow).
  • Everything I've missed!
I really want to keep the main code pure win32 to keep down memory usage and requirements. The set-up screen uses statically linked MFC but that's not particularly resource hungry and importantly does not need the .NET framework installed. I hope with the GUI layout in 1.40 onwards it will be easier to tweak and add things. Preferably I can keep clear of .NET and keep more people happy :)

Of course, I welcome suggestions, so long as people understand that I do this in my free time - and not all my time is free!

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
Kukurykus
Fanatic

Post by Kukurykus »

Only for real XMBC maniacs: XMBC v1.42 (2009)
HAMA Roma, Rapoo 3920P
Windows 10 x64, Intel i5-4670K @ 3.40GHz, 8GB,
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600, Intel SSD 179 GB HDD