Suggestion and My Gratitude

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
MCHAL
New User

Suggestion and My Gratitude

Post by MCHAL »

Hi,

Thanks for developing XMouse Button Control. Great tool really. However, it seems to have left out one or two must-have features. That's the ability to close app windows by a right-click on their title bar, with the option of letting the user do this together with a key modifier (Ctrl etc.), just as Pitaschio (http://pitaschio.ara3.net/download.htm) is able to — although a great little tool as well, it's unfortunately a bit buggy: it maximizes some specific windows when you try to grab and move them by left-clicking on their title bar. :(

So I would love to adopt your great little proggy as my standard one for the purposes it was made to achieve if you eventually came out with a future version with these features implemented. Thus, please, do give some thought to implementing them.

Thanks so much for your programming efforts and attention.

My kind regards,

MCHAL
phil
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion and My Gratitude

Post by phil »

Hi, the purpose of XMBC is to remap the buttons. It does not know anything about window positions or what bit of a window the mouse pointer is over.

My concern over a feature like this, is that by monitoring the mouse cursor in this way will introduce delays that will be unacceptable. of course, this may prove not to be the case, but the extra overhead may cause problems. Therefore, I'm not making any promises. I have still got things higher up on the TODO list.

As for the "maximizes specific windows", which specific windows? Is this a reproducible problem - I've not once experienced this in 5 years I have been using and developing XMBC. Can you be a little more specific. Perhaps use the new logging feature in 1.41+ enable debug logging and then try and recreate the problem. Once created turn off debug logging and post/email me a copy of the log file.

So far the logging has already proven very useful in diagnosing a few reported problems. Maybe it will help with yours.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
MCHAL
New User

Post by MCHAL »

OK, anyway, maybe you could benefit from peeking at the source code of HotKeyP (http://petr.lastovicka.sweb.cz/others.html), a program which handles closing windows in a similar way (key modifiers + a mouse right-click).

"As for the "maximizes specific windows", which specific windows? Is this a reproducible problem - I've not once experienced this in 5 years I have been using and developing XMBC. Can you be a little more specific. Perhaps use the new logging feature in 1.41+ enable debug logging and then try and recreate the problem. Once created turn off debug logging and post/email me a copy of the log file."

Hummm... I can't remember a single one right now. Anyway, by "specific" I meant any kind of ordinary windows of a couple programs over here. And I'm sure it is PITASCHIO (and not YOUR program) that does this because, whenever I deactivate or close it, the problem ceases.

Thanks again.

Regards.
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

MCHAL wrote:Hummm... I can't remember a single one right now. Anyway, by "specific" I meant any kind of ordinary windows of a couple programs over here. And I'm sure it is PITASCHIO (and not YOUR program) that does this because, whenever I deactivate or close it, the problem ceases.
Ahh I understand, sorry I thought you were reporting a problem with XMBC. Now it makes more sense.
I will try to have a look at the HotKeyP stuff sometime. Back in the very early days of XMBC. I've tried to stay clear of key + button combinations (as well as mouse gestures) because it introduces a whole new level of complexity (mainly to the setup GUI) but I'm getting closer to the point where it can no longer be avoided :)

Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)