XMouse Button does not work in XP!!!

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
smaki
New User

XMouse Button does not work in XP!!!

Post by smaki »

I am on a US Forest Service Computer, with our own image, recently upgraded to Windows XP. I have a Microsoft Intellimouse Optical mouse, and was using Intellipoint 6.2. There is a conflict with ESRI ArcMap, a GIS software I use, and intellipoint. ESRI web page suggested using XMouse Button Control instead. It appeared to load fine but now will not open so I can set the buttons. The only extra button I really need is the middle one, which is on the scroll wheel. So I only need a program to run 3 buttons and the scroll wheel, but cannot get XMouse Button Control to work. Any ideas!
phil
Site Admin

Re: XMouse Button does not work in XP!!!

Post by phil »

When you say it wont open, how far do you get?

Is there a little mouse icon in the system tray (near the clock in the bottom left of the tack bar)?
When you double click that it should open a configuration dialog? Is this not so?

I will be away this weekend (starting in about 20mins) so I wont be able to respond until Monday or so.

NOTE: For what its worth, it works in all version of XP that I have tried it in.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)
smaki
New User

Post by smaki »

It works, thanks! Apparently I did not read the instructions very good, your note was all I needed to identify operator error. I was doing Start>Programs>...Xbutton and expecting it to open a dialog box. I did not notice that it was just putting the icon in the system tray, where there is a ton of other garbage. And I had heard that other USFS users were not getting it to work either, so didn't keep trying things, and it is not unusual for programs not to work right in our image with all it's clutter. I will share what I know to make sure other Forest Service users are not making the same mistake.
Thanks, seem to work fine, you have no idea how helpful that is!!!!
Thanks!
Scott
phil
Site Admin

Post by phil »

Great, I'm glad to hear you have got it going (and that it wasn't a bug :D)

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)