Buttons 4 and 5

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
SuperSized
New User

Buttons 4 and 5

Post by SuperSized »

Hi. I have a Genius X3 mouse. I can't seem to find any drivers for this mouse on the Genius website, so it seems to just be using the MS standard driver.

I am trying to reassign buttons 4 and 5 on the mouse. When I click them in the setup window, it doesn't highlight the buttons. It also does not highlight the right-click button.

When I press them in Windows, button 4 maximises/minimises the active window and button 5 open/closes the Start menu.

How can I reassign them?
phil
Site Admin

Re: Buttons 4 and 5

Post by phil »

That's very odd. If XMBC is not recognising the buttons and yet windows does - it does not make much sense, especially if your using the standard MS mouse drivers - because that's what I use :)

You could try enabling debug logging and see what, if any mouse clicks are logged. It might help, but I suspect it wont log any clicks either!

Two prime questions:
What version of Windows? What version of XMBC?

I'm busy this week and may not get much chance to look at my computer, let alone the XMBC code, but if you could get the debug log to me that would be a start. Either post a snippet here or PM the whole file to me (zipped up) :).

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)