Mouse button on Dell Inspiron

x64 Replacement/Alternative to Microsoft's IntelliMouse application.
Forum rules
Please read the forum rules before posting for the first time.
The more information you can provide, the quicker and more accurately someone can help.
NOTE: To reduce spam, new users can not post links, files or images until they have at least 4 posts.
aaneetha
New User

Mouse button on Dell Inspiron

Post by aaneetha »

Problems with Mouse button on Dell Inspiron E1405? Okay, I just recently noticed this. It is really strange. Normally, the mouse buttons have a little push to them, but for some reason, the spring, rubber, or whatever is supposed to spring the button back up is messed up; at least thats what I assume. This is only occuring in the left button, while the right button is acting normally. The left button, as a result of not springing back up after being pressed is that it is extremely sensitive. Could anybody diagnose this problem? How could I fix it?
Last edited by aaneetha on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
phil
Site Admin

Re: Mouse button on Dell Inspiron

Post by phil »

Sounds like general wear to me, or possibly a faulty microswitch. I dont know that mouse but quite a few old (10+yrs) MS intellimice have had similar issues with the left button (that gets most the action after all). The most annoying is when the button "bounces" and effectively does a double click when you only pressed the button once - in theory I could do something about that in XMBC and several people have asked - I just haven't gotten round to it yet!

My usual trick, if I cant live with it, is to buy a new mouse. You might be able to disassembly it and clean/fix the microswitch (I remember doing this lots on old Amiga joysticks :)) but its probably cheaper these days to buy a replacement mouse!

I have to say, my more expensive logitech mice do seem to be lasting better, maybe its luck, maybe its because they are built better.

Thanks,
Phil
--[ Phil ]--
--[ Administrator & XMBC Author ]--
Logitech G9/G604/M720/MX518, Microsoft Intellimouse, Trust 16341 BT Mouse
Windows 10 x64, AMD Ryzen 5900x, MSI x570 Tomahawk, 32GB DDR4,
nVidia RTX 2070s, Evo 970 1Tb NVME, 2x2TB WD Black (RAID1)